Factory Five's '35 Ford Hot Rod Truck

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
You guys seen this? Factory Five unveiled another amazing performance/builder kit at SEMA 2017. This looks amazing, I would love to build a Factory Five car some day... at $20k, they send you what you need, but you have to build it and add the drivetrain. This would be sick with a LS2/3 and 6L90e! - https://www.factoryfive.com/hot-rod-truck/

[video=youtube;bKVa94CXCH4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKVa94CXCH4[/video]

hr-truck-side.jpg

A1-FFR_1374-1650x1100.jpg

FFR_1173-1650x1100.jpg

A1-CAM22269-1650x1100.jpg

Greg

Admin
That's hot. :greg:

Isn't it?! :freak:

I’m on their mailing list. I too would love to build something

Seriously, for the price it doesn't seem like you could go wrong. I wonder how long it would take the average guy to assemble something like this in hos own garage. I could see 6 months to a year? Less if you had a few friends to help you. Even getting the drivetrain wouldn't be too difficult... LS engine's are easy to find, choose your transmission, find a Ford 8.8 rear axle and Factory Five even offers a driveshaft that will work!

Greg

Admin
Curious, howcome you pick a Ford 8.8?

They recommend and have their 4 link setup for the Ford 8.8, but it would be easy to do any other option. I'm sure a Ford 9" would be easy, too. I think they recommend the 8.8 because you get factory discs, limited slip diff, the right width, etc and it's pretty affordable to find.

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
Thumbing through old stuff and saw this. My brother in law bought one of the first kits released and is still waiting on parts. He is building it with a friend and its going slow but they did just drop in the engine last weekend. He went with all the options on it, power windows, a/c, electric power steering..... He bought a new LS3 an 4L60 for it and a 9" rear end, he is running 20" wheels with 295/35-20 rear and 245/40-20 fronts. The truck comes in weighing about 1k less than a corvette so with the 430 hp LS3 it should be a pretty fast truck that handles like a track car. If i get some pics ill post them up, his biggest challenge right now is that the shop they recommenced for paint wants $10k to fit the body and paint it, that will put him at about $50k in the build.