Jeep Falcon 3.4 Shocks!

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
so, one thing I don't like about my jk, I hit the brakes hard the front end dives, plenty. take off fast it all shifts to the rear, feel like a kid on a rocking horse. haven't had this before with the ORI struts on the yj, will these fix this?

Hmmm.... hard to say? I didn't notice what you're talking about before I had Falcons, but I did have a lot of what I'd describe as a high-center-of-gravity wag, at speed. It would feel like the rear of the hardtop had an extra 500 pounds and the Jeep would sway back & forth. If you get the Falcon 3.2 or 3.3's you could tune the front & rear differently, if that helps your issues.

It could be your springs, are they a really light spring rate with a lot of lift?

Agility Customs

Vendor
so, one thing I don't like about my jk, I hit the brakes hard the front end dives, plenty. take off fast it all shifts to the rear, feel like a kid on a rocking horse. haven't had this before with the ORI struts on the yj, will these fix this?

What suspension are you running. Sounds more like a suspension geometry issue than a shock issue.

pELYgroso

'Merica
My main worry about the Falcons is the rear (rock anchor) reservoir. I don't know why they put it way down low like that. It seems like a major design flaw..... Any thoughts?

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I bought Greg's previous Falcons 2.1 shocks and went on my first real drive today. 250 miles mostly freeway, 20 miles of snow covered dirt roads. These shocks are pretty unbelievable. My Jeep is so much smoother on the freeway now. They live up to and exceed the hype.

Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
My main worry about the Falcons is the rear (rock anchor) reservoir. I don't know why they put it way down low like that. It seems like a major design flaw..... Any thoughts?

They put it that way because of the limitations of the upper shock mount and location of the rear anti-sway bar.... with the 2.25" shock body and the idea that having the shock shaft on the bottom would get pitted from rocks kicked up by the front tires, tearing up the shaft seal and causing leaks, the location on the bottom was the best option.

If it's that big of an issue for you, just get the 2.1 mono-shocks that Jeremy is running... no piggy-back to worry about and the way they mount, they get moved closer to the tire for even more clearance.

Anchor_Mtn

Work Less, Travel More
Vendor

I run the 3.3s on my JKU. The reservoirs are between the stock shock mount and the tire so they dont really hurt anything more than stock. I did add the skids to mine and after almost a year on the trail they have quite a few scrapes on them. Going from the 8.5" stroke bilstein shocks to the 11.2" stroke Falcons more than made up for the small additional "anchor point".