Trip Report Fall Colors - Avon Pass Road

Gawynz

Yesterday morning my girlfriend said, "Let's go on a hike to see the fall colors!" I'm not much of a hiker... So we made a compromise, loaded up the buggy, and headed up to Avon Pass Road just outside of Eden. It was a fairly chilly morning but got to see some really cool colors, especially once the sun came out. Pictures don't do the colors justice. Even got to play around in the buggy on a few small climbs here and there. Overall, a fun morning.

20200927_095011.jpg

20200927_100634.jpg

20200927_105432.jpg

20200927_105501.jpg

20200927_110603.jpg

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Nice! A few months ago I needed to go do Eden. I had the bright idea to save some time (saves me about a half hour vs. taking the freeway because I live in cache valley). and took that road. My wife had a kidney stone and we were in my 3/4 ton suburban... yep pretty sure she passed it about half way through those switchbacks :rofl: She was NOT happy with me.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Nice! A few months ago I needed to go do Eden. I had the bright idea to save some time (saves me about a half hour vs. taking the freeway because I live in cache valley). and took that road. My wife had a kidney stone and we were in my 3/4 ton suburban... yep pretty sure she passed it about half way through those switchbacks :rofl: She was NOT happy with me.
Oh damn. 😬

Gawynz

Nice! We just bought an acre in Eden and spent the weekend up there. The colors were great! Especially over North Ogden pass.

I'm a big fan of the Eden area, I could definitely see myself trying to live back there one day, a bit on the pricey side though...