Fat people and smokers may end up jobless

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
what? were you raised by sticks?

"yep, that ole Bryson, what a fatass!" Are you in group? hahahahah

I got some stuff to go over Monday w/y'all-- Blazer cage. :D

Caleb

the guy that used to own one of our companies paid for his employees to go to some type of therapy to quit smoking, it was more profitable for him to pay the $1000 to help them quit then it was to have them taking smoke breaks all day long.

Tiny

mmmm.....beefy!!!
Thats cool, but I just wonder how he would get away with it, theres got to be something illegal about telling someone to quit smoking on there own time at home or leave.

Caleb

Tiny said:
Thats cool, but I just wonder how he would get away with it, theres got to be something illegal about telling someone to quit smoking on there own time at home or leave.

well, there must be a loop hole cause I remember not too long ago there was a story in USA Today about a cigar company (of all companies) that did the same thing with its employees. I dont know if the employees were smoking all their profit away or what but they had to chose, work there and quit smoking or go find another employer.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Smoking sucks and all, but damn... more and more personal freedoms are being taken away every day. What's next?

Brett

Meat-Hippy
4thefamily said:
This dumbass is a lawsuit waiting to happen. Even if it is legal (which it is not, look at am. jur. prud.) He will shell out more in court cost than he ever would in higher insurance rates. Maybe someone sould tell the old bastard that it is time to retire.

He has brought in an eating disorder therapist to speak to workers, provided eating coaches, created a point system for employees to earn health-related $100 bonuses and plans to offer $45 vouchers for health club memberships.

Last year, he banned smoking during office hours, then demanded smokers pay a monthly $50 "assessment," and finally instituted mandatory testing.

Twenty workers quit the habit.

So far no legal challenges have been made to Weyco's policies.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
4thefamily said:
This dumbass is a lawsuit waiting to happen. Even if it is legal (which it is not, look at am. jur. prud.) He will shell out more in court cost than he ever would in higher insurance rates. Maybe someone sould tell the old bastard that it is time to retire.

I say more power to the guy. However, it is unfortunate that some loser and his lawyer will probably end up suing the guy. He is actually helping people lead healthier lives, and some asswipe is going to go and screw it up for them.

cruiserkitten70

I am sure someone will try and sue..but I dont see why it would be illegal. Smoking is not a disablity and is not protected..an employer doesnt have to employ drug users, they can drug test people...smoking in my opinion is a drug habit...nicotine addiction..and smokers take a crap load of breaks. I wouldnt want to employ them either.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
i say power to them, people should be able to hire the best for the job. smoking and being fat can obviously harm a workers performance imo

and no one likes fat people! that is why i joined a gym :ugh:

my work provides a system called healthy lifestyles, and has been for years.
ou get assessed every year and keep track of your exercising and if you make progress the next year you get money (based on how well you did).
not smoking and always wearing seatbelts are part of the assessment.
great idea imo

besides that, smoking is just plain retarded

Last edited: