Favorite camp chairs

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Do you have a favorite?

Until recently I never have, because I thought they're all bad. Stowability comes at the cost of comfort.

Last year while camping with @sixstringsteve I took a test sit in one of their chairs, and it was glorious. Side note - copying Steve's product choices will rarely disappoint. I got home, checked online and laughed when I saw the price. When Kami got it for me for Christmas I sure didn't complain.

And now here I am at 730AM sitting in my "camp" chair thinking if I had to choose one chair to sit in for the rest of my life, this would be it. For the last few months I have left it setup because I use it whenever we hang out outside. I have to pack it up to go camping X-D

Setup takes a bit longer than a standard chair and the cupholder sucks (but works great to stow the storage bag).

ENO lounger DL

IMG_20190519_073127.jpg

DAA

These are my favorite. I've had the pair more than 20 years, lots of hard use and no care given to them whatsoever. Still going, but not going to last forever. Take less than one second to deploy and less than one second to fold up. Very comfy, very light weight. Don't take up too much room in the Jeep.

20140605_Deep%20Creeks_Camping-1795W.jpg

20180526%20Chuck%20Hunt-108.jpg

20160513_Hunt-85_PrintW.jpg

Have had my eye out for another one like it for a long time, haven't seen one. Alps makes the closest to it I've been able to find.

This one is NOT my favorite camp chair :D.

20140317_The%20Maze_Camping-887-W.jpg

- DAA

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
We won a set at a FMCA rally at Moab about 6 years ago. They are marketed for RVs and fold up nice and compact. They were fairly comfortable too. That reminds me that I need to find them and unpack them (they've been in a box since we moved last year)

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
Snow Peak Red Chair. Paul May raved about his that he's had for years and taken on a bunch of expeditions. I bought one beginning of last year and currently use it in my mobile office as my chair. Up to 8 hours sitting at a time, about a years use up to this point. Still like new, super comfortable, deploys in 1 second. 10/10

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
I bought this a few years ago and love it. Being a giant person I needed one that would hold me and my spouse. 500lb weight limit Folds up just 1.5 the size of a single chair. Slightly difficult to get out of but once your in it's so comfortable. Screenshot_20190519-090955_Samsung Internet.jpg

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I have an ARB camp chair that I’ve had for five years now. Very comfy, but heavy and bulky. I also have two brand X chairs that I bought for $5 a piece at Smiths in Page, AZ 13 years ago and have been beaten to death. They still hold up and are quite comfy too. ‘Course I’ll sit on a log around a campfire and say it’s comfy.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I have enjoyed the arb chair a lot.
Recently I sat in a rocking camp chair, and that was pretty sweet.. but I wonder about it’s durability.

jedi

aboogadaboogadaboogada
I have an ARB chair, I love the comfort of it. Most comfortable camp chair I have owned. The wife has one too. The bad is they are big and bulky compared a regular folding camp chair. But I find it worth the extra space.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
The standad ARB is my fave for comfort and sturdiness, though they pack bulky. My favorite compact are the Front Runner fold-ups and ARB’s new Director Chair. I’ve used the Snow Peak for extended periods and have a pair of Coleman chairs like DAA’s that I like when space is the least issue. Kermit makes a very compact chair that is quite comfy after one spends the time to assemble.

lhracing

I just picked these up from Sportsman's Warehouse on sale for $29.99. They fold up pretty small, see how they work out over the next few weeks.

Noahfecks

El Destructo!
I like the sportsman chair above, it folds down small, has a table cup holder for your stuff, and is comfortable

When I have the room and I am glamping you can't beat a zero gravity chair

Rock Taco

Do you have a favorite?

Until recently I never have, because I thought they're all bad. Stowability comes at the cost of comfort.

Last year while camping with @sixstringsteve I took a test sit in one of their chairs, and it was glorious. Side note - copying Steve's product choices will rarely disappoint. I got home, checked online and laughed when I saw the price. When Kami got it for me for Christmas I sure didn't complain.

And now here I am at 730AM sitting in my "camp" chair thinking if I had to choose one chair to sit in for the rest of my life, this would be it. For the last few months I have left it setup because I use it whenever we hang out outside. I have to pack it up to go camping X-D

Setup takes a bit longer than a standard chair and the cupholder sucks (but works great to stow the storage bag).

ENO lounger DL

View attachment 120022

I was looking at this one recently but the reviews I saw said it was uncomfortable in hot temps due to no mesh areas. I ended up with a Marchway from amazon but have yet to use it camping. I still have my costco folding chairs which I bought about 10-12 years ago and have been great just wanted something that took up less space.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I was looking at this one recently but the reviews I saw said it was uncomfortable in hot temps due to no mesh areas. I ended up with a Marchway from amazon but have yet to use it camping. I still have my costco folding chairs which I bought about 10-12 years ago and have been great just wanted something that took up less space.

I have some Marchway chairs. They do pack up small, but otherwise I'm not a fan. I will continue to use them because of their packed size though...

LJTim

Costco has these right now. We picked up a couple for $30 each. I can't find them on the Costco site, but they are in the SoJo store.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
@DAA What kind of cot is that in your first photo? I need a new one.. my cousin jumped out of his truck in the dark and landed on my cot the last time I used it.

mine was a coleman with springs all around. It was comfortable, but the springs were always falling off and getting lost.

DAA

That too is a Coleman with springs. The steel frame Coleman does last much longer than the less expensive aluminum frame models. But, they only last so long and do need to be replaced every so often. The one in the picture has already been retired and replaced with the same one again. Have just recently started having springs come loose on the replacement. Probably be buying another one next year.

- DAA

Kevin B.

Big hippy
Costco has these right now. We picked up a couple for $30 each. I can't find them on the Costco site, but they are in the SoJo store.

For what it's worth, I like the Helinox design better than this. I've sat in several different of these with the central tube front to back and they feel very unstable.

But the Helinox, while very comfy and solid, is like $125. I like mine but I won't buy another at that price.