Favorite carry?

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
I've been wanting to try a Shield. I have an early Ruger LC9 that I carry a lot, but it doesn't conceal well on me. I keep going back to my lil 38 for comfort and concealability.

I carry an LC9 as well. I'm kind of wanting to go smaller for here at work on campus like a 38 or even a little NAA 32 or one of their .22's.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I carry an LC9 as well. I'm kind of wanting to go smaller for here at work on campus like a 38 or even a little NAA 32 or one of their .22's.
My 38 is a Taurus Ultralite. I can't remember the model number but it's a Double Action Only clipped hammer. I think having a full hammer would be fine for my uses as well, but I certainly pick this one up more than the others. It just fits my body better than the others.555E5719-BC7E-4782-9568-E9F9D0D487CA.jpeg

DesertRam

I've carried XDs (plural, but now an actual XDs in .45 ACP) forever it seems like. Just got my first S&W M&P, a new .22. I really like this little gun. It's not a CC piece, more of a "have it on my hip while calling coyotes in case I need a finisher or want to pop a bunny for the pot" kind of carry. However, I like the feel so well it has me wondering if I should have committed to M&Ps instead of XDs.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I've been wanting to try a Shield. I have an early Ruger LC9 that I carry a lot, but it doesn't conceal well on me. I keep going back to my lil 38 for comfort and concealability.

I did the LC9 for a while but I just haaaate the trigger pull on that thing. Current favorite is Springfield XDS. Not sure why, I just grip/shoot better with the springfields over the glocks regardless of the politics.

Pike2350

I'm very much a novice when it comes to guns and especially EDC. The wife and I got or CCPs a while ago and haven't been able to find any gun that seems even close to being comfortable to carry.

We currently only own a Walther P99 that her dad got her for Christmas one year. It's too bug for her and I've tried to carry it and just can't find a good position. We have an RDR concealed holster but the back is out since I wear business casual clothes and even when I have my shirt untucked it's visible. The front is just too uncomfortable for me to wear more then an hour or 2.
How did you guys get comfortable with it and while I've gone to the gun stores...I am told different things depending on who I talk to. Do you guys all carry on the belt? Does it ever get "comfortable"?

muleskinner

I'm very much a novice when it comes to guns and especially EDC. The wife and I got or CCPs a while ago and haven't been able to find any gun that seems even close to being comfortable to carry.

We currently only own a Walther P99 that her dad got her for Christmas one year. It's too bug for her and I've tried to carry it and just can't find a good position. We have an RDR concealed holster but the back is out since I wear business casual clothes and even when I have my shirt untucked it's visible. The front is just too uncomfortable for me to wear more then an hour or 2.
How did you guys get comfortable with it and while I've gone to the gun stores...I am told different things depending on who I talk to. Do you guys all carry on the belt? Does it ever get "comfortable"?

My carry guns are small, sometimes I only carry my little fold out NAA 22 mag in my pocket if I cant conceal anything else. Have you looked at Urban Carry holsters? They seem like a gimmick but I use mine a lot depending on the clothes I'm wearing. I carry my Springfield Hellcat and my Smith AirLite in it. Otherwise I use the appendix carry holster in the photo I posted if my clothes allow.

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
I got rid of my little kel tek .380. I figured in a real showdown it wouldn’t be enough for someone like me to do any damage, but would be a great way to piss off the bad guys. Basically, for my own safety, I upped to the midsize 9mm. I started carrying appendix after some of my SilencerCo peeps told me it was how the cool kids were doing it. They said expect a couple months of “What the &@$#!!?” pain, then it would be like it’s not even there. They were right. Now I never even notice it.

Last edited:

DesertRam

For those carrying up front (appendix), what's your holster of choice? I like carrying there; much easier to conceal. However, I'm not overly comfortable with the notion of the pistol pointed at ME. Seems like a good slim holster, or at least a sleeve protecting the trigger while using a clip, is what the doctor orders.

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
image.jpg
I’ve been happy with this. All the shooty business is inside the hard shell, so nothing is going off accidentally. Also, I don’t carry one in the pipe. I figure, odds of drawing down on a bad guy are actually extremely low, so that extra second to rack one in is something I can live with. Odds of me blowing off my left ‘nad also low...but just knowing that such a thing exists as “greater than zero chance of blowing off left ‘nad” is all I needed to hear.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
..... odds of drawing down on a bad guy are actually extremely low, so that extra second to rack one in is something I can live with....

maybe... depends on the situation. I carry with one in the pipe with a holster similar to what you're presenting. You may be drawing to shoot and be late anyway? Hard to say and I hope I never find out

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
You don't get to pick the time, place, weather, situation, attacker(s), any of it... something to think about. Regardless whether you carry with one in the pipe or not, you ought to practice drawing your firearm, trigger control, trigger pull, clearing malfunctions, reloading, and all that from different positions. Majority of that can be done in your house without live ammo.

I still find StealthGearUSA holsters to be superior in comfort. I actually use the SGUSA OWB holster under a t-shirt... most comfortable conceal carry possible.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I’ve been happy with this. All the shooty business is inside the hard shell, so nothing is going off accidentally. Also, I don’t carry one in the pipe. I figure, odds of drawing down on a bad guy are actually extremely low, so that extra second to rack one in is something I can live with. Odds of me blowing off my left ‘nad also low...but just knowing that such a thing exists as “greater than zero chance of blowing off left ‘nad” is all I needed to hear.
Also, how would the bad guy know that you were serious if you didn't rack a bullet into the chamber after you had already been pointing the gun at him?

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
View attachment 127946

Just to beat on a dead horse, always put one in the pipe. When your brains in danger you aren’t going to remember to rack one unless you’ve extensively trained for that on your draw stroke. It’s also virtually impossible to have an accidental discharge with a glock

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
☝This, so much this. but only if you can be SUPER disciplined to never take it off without clearing it first. It's a glock, the chances of the gun going off on it's own and shooting your nads is zero. Practice not having your finger on the trigger when holstering until you can do it without thinking. I try to dry practice at least once every 2 months, even if I'm not shooting live ammo often.

Also, how would the bad guy know that you were serious if you didn't rack a bullet into the chamber after you had already been pointing the gun at him?
If I have to pull my gun, the bad guy has 0.9 seconds before he sees the flash and the lights go out. I don't pull a gun to scare people, I pull it to save my life or someone elses. I'm a hard ass about this but if you think the same way, it could save you lots of trouble in court.