Favorite carry?

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
What do you guys feel about IWB holsters with a single clip?

Professional_Site_Glock19.png

That seems like it'd want to shift around a lot.
Hybrids like that one mold around your body and will not shift. It's like a giant velcro patch to your side. I actually prefer single clip because there is more cant adjustment with that style.

Where did y’all buy your NAA pistolas? Called them and they said Cal Ranch is a dealer, but they don’t have any and won’t order... Sportmans said they can get them but they’re on backorder?... y’all go through an FFL?

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Where did y’all buy your NAA pistolas? Called them and they said Cal Ranch is a dealer, but they don’t have any and won’t order... Sportmans said they can get them but they’re on backorder?... y’all go through an FFL?

I bought one from Impact guns in West Valley before they closed, and the other from a person on Utah Gun Exchange.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Soooooo, my ankle holster ripped today. (7-8 years old?).... the crapppy part of owning a Kahr is that it’s not a Shield or Glock or whatever is popular. I’d like to get a kydex ankle holster. Anyone know of a “custom” holster maker? Anyone know how to vacuum/mold a piece of kydex?

Kevin B.

Big hippy
Soooooo, my ankle holster ripped today. (7-8 years old?).... the crapppy part of owning a Kahr is that it’s not a Shield or Glock or whatever is popular. I’d like to get a kydex ankle holster. Anyone know of a “custom” holster maker? Anyone know how to vacuum/mold a piece of kydex?

I've been thinking about it. The Kydex looks easy enough, with an oven and a simple foam press. Getting the rest of it right (leather/backing shape, rivet/clip placement) the first time seems a little trickier.

Kevin B.

Big hippy
Hard holsters for my rig (M&P 2.0 w/Laserguard) are few and far between, and the couple that are out there didn't jump out at me. This is what I ended up with, for now anyway: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07528ST4F/. It seems stout enough. It's got a bit of shape to it to make reholstering easier, and the pistol slides in and out easily without snagging on anything, so I'll probably run it until it gives me a reason not to.

I've discovered I'm absolutely the wrong shape for appendix carry, at least if I wanna sit down. :D

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
The skinnier I get, the more I can't conceal like I'd like. Glock 43 here I go

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
UBG holsters is up in Bountiful I think. He custom makes leather holsters that are great. I carried my 27 in one for years and it still looks new. I also wear a shark skin gun belt he made, going on 15 years. He doesn't make kydex though.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
I'm seeking a carry in .45 cal. I recently purchased a 1911 from Springfield Armory but I want something that I can easily carry. I'm meeting a friend to shoot his Springfield Armory XDS (also in .45) tomorrow. I've shot a rental at the local range and I like it. What others are out there in .45? I don't have the capacity in my life to have more than one caliber, and I REALLY like the .45, so it needs to match the 1911.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
A little off topic, but while we're talking guns right now...... I found a Canik 9mm (?) in our yard at work yesterday. I'm guessing one of our truck drivers dropped it. Strange thing is that it was holstered and then right next to it was a holstered clip. No clip in the gun, but there was one in the chamber. No one has claimed they lost their gun. We have shady people sneaking around pretty often at night though, but do they carry their guns around with no clip in them?
Anyways, we called the police and they came and picked it up.

*edit: Police ran the SN. It was reported stolen from Georgia a few months ago. Hmmmmmmm.

Last edited:

xjtony

I'm seeking a carry in .45 cal. I recently purchased a 1911 from Springfield Armory but I want something that I can easily carry. I'm meeting a friend to shoot his Springfield Armory XDS (also in .45) tomorrow. I've shot a rental at the local range and I like it. What others are out there in .45? I don't have the capacity in my life to have more than one caliber, and I REALLY like the .45, so it needs to match the 1911.
I carried an XDS for a little while but could never really shoot it well. I also had to lock the slide back and use the release to chamber a round. If I tried to rack it by hand it would jam the round into the ramp. 45 is a lot of power for that little gun. It did carry well and seemed to be really well put together

pELYgroso

'Merica
Anyone have any experience with these SCCY Industries handguns? The price was right so I bought two 9mm. Hated the purple grips so I bought black replacements
I have one. Sccy sent my wife and I one to try out and post on social media. We took it to the range and my wife didn't like it because it's a double action trigger. Looking past that, I did like it. Good ergonomics, reasonable recoil, sturdy feeling, great price point, and no questions asked warranty. I think it's a great gun if you want something but don't want to go spend a bunch on "the best" carry gun. Having said that, we both still carry our Springfield Hellcats.

The only thing I'll put out there is that if you are used to shooting a striker fire (think glock) style gun or single action 1911, this is a much different feel and while I don't mind it, it will take some getting used to if you want to be accurate with it. The double action trigger pull means you are pulling the internal hammer back with every trigger pull. This has a smooth pull, but it is a smooth and long heavy pull. For reference, think about the old revolvers that you can see the hammer coming back and the cylinder turning to line up the next round in front of the hammer as you are pulling the trigger each time. That is a double action trigger. The Sccy obviously doesn't have the big external hammer or the cylinder, but same idea-ish.

TLDR: Good gun, but shoots a little different than "mainstream" carry guns. If you get one, train with it so you're used to it.

rholbrook

I have one. Sccy sent my wife and I one to try out and post on social media. We took it to the range and my wife didn't like it because it's a double action trigger. Looking past that, I did like it. Good ergonomics, reasonable recoil, sturdy feeling, great price point, and no questions asked warranty. I think it's a great gun if you want something but don't want to go spend a bunch on "the best" carry gun. Having said that, we both still carry our Springfield Hellcats.

The only thing I'll put out there is that if you are used to shooting a striker fire (think glock) style gun or single action 1911, this is a much different feel and while I don't mind it, it will take some getting used to if you want to be accurate with it. The double action trigger pull means you are pulling the internal hammer back with every trigger pull. This has a smooth pull, but it is a smooth and long heavy pull. For reference, think about the old revolvers that you can see the hammer coming back and the cylinder turning to line up the next round in front of the hammer as you are pulling the trigger each time. That is a double action trigger. The Sccy obviously doesn't have the big external hammer or the cylinder, but same idea-ish.

TLDR: Good gun, but shoots a little different than "mainstream" carry guns. If you get one, train with it so you're used to it.
I bought two of them because you can never have too many guns or ammunition. I haven't shot it but now I look forward to shooting it. Its not my carry side arm but just another to have. Thanks for the information on it. @pELYgroso

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Lets talk suppressors for just a second. Why are they SSOOOOO expensive? It's a metal pipe with pieces of metal inside. I am sure many RME folk could whip one out in a few minutes with their cool tools.
You can buy 'napa fuel filters' online now for $30. I assume a $30 suppressor is not as good as a $800 suppressor.. but what makes the real difference? Chamber design? type of material?