Favorite carry?

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
I carried an XDS for a little while but could never really shoot it well. I also had to lock the slide back and use the release to chamber a round. If I tried to rack it by hand it would jam the round into the ramp. 45 is a lot of power for that little gun. It did carry well and seemed to be really well put together

Yeah, I'm not near as accurate with the XDS as I am with my 1911, but with the XDS I can put a magazine in a head sized group at 40 feet pretty easily, even with rapid fire. That's good enough for a carry. If I want to play with accuracy, as in target shooting, the 1911 is the one.

And yes, for sure the XDS kicks a lot harder than the 1911. With my upcoming lifestyle I just don't have the capacity for more than one caliber and I like the knock-down power of the .45.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
This one has been on my list to buy. The springfields feel better in my hands than the glocks for whatever reason.
What did you carry prior to the Hellcat?
The hellcat is pretty similar to a Sig P365 and I'm a little embarrased to admit I have blasphemed and have been carrying a P365 for a couple years now. I even sold a Glock to buy it:oops:. Best carry gun I've shot, and I've shot a lot of them.

edit: I've actually put about 2k rounds through my 365 without a single malfunction. I may put a Glock sticker on it or have it stippled in the frame. It's so reliable no one would question it.

Evolved

Less-Known Member
View attachment 131244
Anyone have any experience with these SCCY Industries handguns? The price was right so I bought two 9mm. Hated the purple grips so I bought black replacements

Purple... I’ll one up you with Tiffany Blue! I’m ordering a replacement grip as soon as I finish posting this. I bet I have better luck getting a new color replacement than finding 9mm ammo...

Attachments

• 761C9380-7E63-4ABF-95F2-B54257B2462D.jpeg
    761C9380-7E63-4ABF-95F2-B54257B2462D.jpeg
    276.8 KB · Views: 18

Die Blaue Ziege

Working on a Ford somewhere
I started with a Ruger Lc9, never was comfortable with it, always bugged my belly, side or hips, I sold it and purchased a Kel Tec p38t, it s the original to the lcp or the tcp. Been a great gun so far, has a built in clip, I carry in my front pocket very comfortable so I carry most of the time. I'd rather have a small .380 and have it all the time. My other winter big jacket carry is a poly judge, it's just a fun gun to shoot, and the size is intimidating as hell. I had my friends grandfather point it me once. I could not get myself to move while I had that barrel pointing at me.

Attachments

• 2-tecp3-br.jpg
    2-tecp3-br.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 7

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
No ammo to buy anyway

I'm set for Ammo.. Of course I'd like more.. but I have plenty to use for now.
IMO, buying more ammo is actually smarter than more guns, as a person can only carry so many guns at a time in a crisis, so more ammo for the guns you have is better..
And I really don't need more guns either.. It's just the natural reaction to want more in crisis thinking mode, and especially when I have had a dry spell of shooting. I am heading to Frontsight again in Dec.. but I need something NOW. First world problems.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
..... the size is intimidating as hell. I had my friends grandfather point it me once. I could not get myself to move while I had that barrel pointing at me.

Not sure how I'd act with a muzzle pointed at me. I'd definitely expect me to be in fight/flight mode because if I have a muzzle pointed at something, it's not to brandish. Good on you for keeping calm in that situation

I'm set for Ammo.. Of course I'd like more.. but I have plenty to use for now.
IMO, buying more ammo is actually smarter than more guns, as a person can only carry so many guns at a time in a crisis, so more ammo for the guns you have is better..
And I really don't need more guns either.. It's just the natural reaction to want more in crisis thinking mode, and especially when I have had a dry spell of shooting. I am heading to Frontsight again in Dec.. but I need something NOW. First world problems.

I wish I could say the same about ammo. I would assume it's going to be REALLY difficult to find over the next 4 years.

Last edited:

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I just picked up some 9mm in SLC at Gallenson's Guns and Ammo. As y'all know, it isn't cheap, but it is available. I paid $0.50 a round for practice and $0.80 a round for Federal Law Enforcement self defense rounds.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Pretty sure those prices are gonna get higher before they get lower.

its like toilet paper prices. The only reason it is in short supply is because people are panic buying. During the Obama years it was difficult also, but eventually calmed down. We used to make 2 AM runs to the Walmart just so that we could get ammo before everyone else would come buy it in the mornings.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
The craziness of the current world has incentivized me to carry pretty consistently over the last year but the ammo shortage has discouraged me from shooting much. I decided I should go run some rounds through the sig today. This is 10 shots all one at a time from concealment at 7 yards. Par times were 1.2-1.5 seconds so not winning any races there. Just working on consistency.

20210901_105348.jpg