Favorite Cover Songs

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Probably not a good idea to listen to this at work. Or at church. Or around anyone with thin skin or young ears. NSFW X ELEVENTYBILLION.

Certainly better than the original, which isn't saying anything really.

My favorite comment:
I normally wake my kids up to Leo every Friday, but ... maybe not today...

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Leo is a talented guy and normally his covers are pretty interesting. I expect this one would be too if I could get past the subject matter but nah.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Leo is a talented guy and normally his covers are pretty interesting. I expect this one would be too if I could get past the subject matter but nah.
It's certainly not his best cover song, and the original is very controversial and has been in the media a lot over the past month. Leo obviously covered this tune because of that controversy, as he knew it would generate a lot of traffic through his channel. I expect that is working for him.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Not a cover

Jason Isbell is one of my favorites. Saw him back in the day with the Truckers and have tickets to see the 400 Unit at the Eccles whenever that's allowed again (Was supposed to be this past summer!).

Interesting story about listening to this song; when I was in the hospital a while ago and they were prepping me to put a chest tube in the nurse asked, "What kind of music do you like and we'll put it on while they do the procedure" (they don't put you under). Now, I was already on a lot of pain killers and just generally feeling miserable. So I said, "Folk rock. People like Josh Ritter and Jason Isbell." The nurse just put Jason Isbell into Spotify and I remember this song and "Super 8" playing while laying there on the max dosage of Fentanyl as they shoved a tube between my ribs thinking, "Ya know... these songs are pretty damn depressing... maybe I should have said Katy Perry or something...":rofl:

Last edited: