Favorite Cover Songs

DAA

Seen The Mule six or seven times. They do a ton of covers, everything from the Beatles to Allman Bros, but a lot of Rock and Roll Originals too. I'm pretty sure that sometimes even they don't know exactly where a song is going to go, or how long it's going to last when they start it. Sometimes you'll see Matt Abts start going somewhere and the whole band will turn to look then scramble to catch up and no telling where it goes from there. Awesome jam band. Saw them jam this one for 20 minutes once. And it was 20 minutes of awesome. This take is only like 12 minutes :rofl:.

- DAA

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Seen The Mule six or seven times. They do a ton of covers, everything from the Beatles to Allman Bros, but a lot of Rock and Roll Originals too. I'm pretty sure that sometimes even they don't know exactly where a song is going to go, or how long it's going to last when they start it. Sometimes you'll see Matt Abts start going somewhere and the whole band will turn to look then scramble to catch up and no telling where it goes from there. Awesome jam band. Saw them jam this one for 20 minutes once. And it was 20 minutes of awesome. This take is only like 12 minutes :rofl:.

- DAA

Is that Dave Matthews jamming with them?

shortstraw8

- DAA

I have seen Mule many times. Matt Abts is one of my all time favorite drummers, I miss Andy Hess on Bass though. Have you listened to their live Dark Side of the Moon? Saw The Allman Bros a few times too, one of the best was "Come on into my kicthen" with Greg and Warren acoustic at Red Rocks in 06'.

DAA

Heck yes. Dark Side of The Mule! In my regular rotation.

I miss Allen Woody on bass RIP... Live from Roseland still one of my all times.

And yup, Dave Matthews jamming with them. They jam with damn near anybody.

- DAA

Tonkaman

- DAA
My 9 year old daughter has discovered my old guitar and showing real interest lately. We just watched this together in awe and started to jam. I think I watched this flip a switch in her brain

DAA

About Dark Side of The Mule...

They have been playing Pink Floyd stuff forever. I am still pissed that I missed a show in Park City 18 years ago. They played a bar, one night, appeared as "Pink Mule", original 3 man lineup, and did nothing but Floyd covers. I had insider info of what was up, from a friend from my bad old days before I went legit and started paying taxes and stuff, and wanted to go bad, but, had way more important stuff to do that particular night. Like, my daughter was being born :cool: .

- DAA