Favorite Cover Songs

jsudar

I guess I will throw a few on the pile. Metallica has already been mentioned a few times, but their cover of Blue Oyster Cult's Astronomy is just way better than the original.

Tool covering Led Zeppelin - No Quarter. I can listen to this on repeat all day.

Black Chamber covering the Beatles' While My Guitar Gently Weeps. Weird new age jazz stuff is strangely addictive especially when coupled with some flatland BMX riding.

And finally, I've been listening to a lot of this guy, Jamie Dupuis. He plays the harp guitar (when a daddy guitar and a mommy harp love each other very much) and does a whole bunch of covers of classic songs. It's good stuff to chill out to.
https://www.youtube.com/user/JamieDupuisAcoustic

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I have too many but here are a few. The nostalgia is getting out of control lol

New Found Glory - Honestly that whole album seriously rocks and it's all covers from movies.

Yellowcard (from Punk Goes Pop)

MxPx

@Noahfecks hit the nail on the head with Me First. I loved their amazing collaboration between different bands and they were a riot to see live. Just a super fun band.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
RBF’s version is amazing for sure.

I haven’t thought about the Vandals for the longest time. Classic! They were also ridiculously entertaining live- “I have a date” was always a fun one.