Favorite Cover Songs

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
The original still gives me goosebumps with the power chords at the end.. this one gives me ... er .. meh
But then again, I bought the LP when it was first released...

Reactions: DAA

DAA

Really good. Better than I was expecting. Last time I saw them 30 years ago, warming up for Maiden, they sucked. This time really high production values, super tight, Axl was in good form, they were on stage for almost three hours.

It was a heckuva rock show and I have seen a lot of them. Even my kids thought it was great.

- DAA

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Circling back around to Leo Moracchioli that @TurboMinivan recommended on the first page.....his covers are entertaining usually, but I thought this recent one was pretty good! Better than the original in some ways. "Dance Monkey", originally by Tones and I.

But after listening to that, I happened to catch this one. It's a couple years old now, and is OK--better than the Weezer version maybe....Toto's "Africa" again. BUT!! Whether or not you like the cover, make sure to listen to it from about 4:00 thru the end. It's 2 1/2 minutes of really good instrumental jamming stuff. (not necessarily related to the main song)

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
BUT!! Whether or not you like the cover, make sure to listen to it from about 4:00 thru the end. It's 2 1/2 minutes of really good instrumental jamming stuff. (not necessarily related to the main song)

His vocals are the only thing keeping that cover from kicking complete and total ass. I particularly like the timing changes and extra measures snuck in there quite perfectly. The end of that song is just awesome.

That Dance Monkey rendition just rocks. Those are some amazing guitarists.

Last edited: