Favorite iPad GPS software¿

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
So I got a Bad Elf GPS attachment for my iPad today. I have an iPad mini without cellular. And it’s a 16 gig version.

I’m trying HEMA Maps USA, Topo Maps+ and Gaia Maps.

All seem pretty good. I haven’t had a lot of time with any of them. Each one has 5he ability to download Maps onto my device.

So what do you suggest or is your favorite and why.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I like HEMA for on the fly routes, I find the maps on earthmate easier to read while i'm on the go. But you can't create routes offline with earthmate

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I use Gaia. I really like the cloud uploads so I can sync between devices, and I can route plan on my PC and save the waypoints and tracks to my tablet and phone.

I have used BC Nav too, and it is similar. I had issues with the app crashing on my phone and deleting my tracks. I am not sure if they have fixed that, as when i switched to Gaia, I haven't had a reason to go back.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I have backcountry nav, but I use technologically superior hardware (I don't think it's available for apple).

I believe HEMA either has or is about to launch Benchmark maps on their platform, in which case I think I'm going to give that a try. I really like the Benchmark topo maps

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
Cool, I'm kind of leaning towards Hema. I like it the best because its easy to download the maps.

I tested it out last night. I downloaded the maps, then went for a drive, it was spot on. Everything was working like I was hoping.