Central Utah February RME Trail Run - Little Sahara Dunes

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
For the February RME Trail Run we're going to play in the sand box at the Little Sahara Dunes. Winter trips to Little Sahara in a 4x4 are a blast, the sand is very firm and 4x4's can traverse the dunes pretty well. It's fun to get to know how your rig performs in the sand, blasting around!

• What kind of trip; Driving in sand, over dunes, etc.
  • Where; Little Sahara Recreation Area
  • When; Saturday, Feb 24th. 9 AM meet up at the Visitors Center / Office.
  • Vehicle Needs; Stock 4x4's would be OK, but you'll be able to travel further with bigger & wider tires. Lockers will help.
  • Airing down tires makes a big difference in the sand, come prepared to air up if you air down!
  • Group Size; 20+, there is plenty of room for everyone.
  • Federal and State regulations require the use of safety flags within recreation area! Every vehicle MUST have a ORANGE flag!

it would be wise to bring the recovery gear you may need! I would like to practice some real world sand recovery situations, I have some TRED recovery boards, a kinetic MasterPull recovery rope, a PullPal winch anchor and my Warn Zeon winch.

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
I think I'm going to plan on spending Friday night (2/23) there camping.

Also* just remembered last year there was the "group use fee" of iirc $50 that we didn't find out about until it was too late. If there's 10 people going, that's $5 per person versus $18 I think is the current daily fee.

And here's this just because.
IMG_5583.jpg

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
I'm up to try...
Not sure how the big red pig will do though.
Maybe I just stay at camp and cook. :(

Tonkaman

I'm up to try...
Not sure how the big red pig will do though.
Maybe I just stay at camp and cook. :(
Your truck will do just fine!

I’ve done many winter drives through the dunes over the years. Last year my bone stock Tacoma walked around in circles, no problem. It will be better this year now that I know how to completely disable traction control.