Central Utah February RME Trail Run - Little Sahara Dunes

tv_larsen

• Federal and State regulations require the use of safety flags within recreation area! Every vehicle MUST have a ORANGE flag!

I've never been to the dunes so I looked up the specific requirements if anyone else was interested.
(d) when operated on sand dunes designated by the board, a safety flag that is:
(i) red or orange in color;
(ii) a minimum of six by 12 inches; and
(iii) attached to:
(A) the off-highway vehicle so that the safety flag is at least eight feet above the surface of level ground; or
(B) the protective headgear of a person operating a motorcycle so that the safety flag is at least 18 inches above the top of the person’s head.

https://le.utah.gov/xcode/Title41/Chapter22/41-22-S10.7.html?v=C41-22-S10.7_2015051220150512

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
I'll be in the XJ, I expect to be severely underpowered and likely not able to climb a lot of the hills. I'd bring the kawi but not sure I want to leave it anywhere while I'm out in the Jeep.

The sand may be quite drier than a normal February ha

Homefryy

I am definitely interested. I need to get some recovery points figured out on the XJ on a very limited budget but if I can get that sorted I'm in. I don't want to be that guy that gets stuck and isn't set up properly to have somebody pull me out.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
For those of you that might be interested. My son and I will be heading out on Friday afternoon. We are planning to go on a dirt bike ride either in the sand or dirt. Wheel on Saturday and then ride again Sunday morning before we head home.