Central Utah February RME Trip; Little Sahara

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Anyone interested in a Little Sahara sand dunes run in February? I'm thinking Feb 20th, spend a day playing in the sand.

Winter trips to Little Sahara in a 4x4 are a blast, the sand is very firm and 4x4's can traverse the dunes pretty well. It's fun to get to know how your rig performs in the sand, blasting around!

• What kind of trip; Driving in sand, over dunes, etc.
  • Where; Little Sahara Recreation Area
  • When; Saturday, Feb 20th. 9 AM meet up at the Visitors Center / Office.
  • There is an $18 entrance fee!!
  • Vehicle Needs; Stock 4x4's would be OK, but you'll be able to travel further with bigger & wider tires. Lockers will help.
  • Airing down tires makes a big difference in the sand, come prepared to air up if you air down!
  • Group Size; 20+, there is plenty of room for everyone.
  • Federal and State regulations require the use of safety flags within recreation area! Every vehicle MUST have a ORANGE flag!

it would be wise to bring the recovery gear you may need! I would like to practice some real world sand recovery situations, I have some TRED recovery boards, a kinetic MasterPull recovery rope, a PullPal winch anchor and my Warn Zeon winch.

Here's a trip from 3 yrs ago- https://www.rme4x4.com/threads/little-sahara-feb-2018-snow-sand.114361/#post-1095801

Attendees-

@Greg
@Hickey
@glockman
@Medsker
@pELYgroso

Interested-

@Jesser04
@Shawn
@STAG
@Subarudude54
@SAMI
@Gravy
@Cascadia
@Corban_White
@Bart

Last edited:

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Please note there is a $18.00 entrance fee.

We leave for sand hollow on the 21st and I will do everything I can to attend this event, Little Sahara is our second home :cool:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Please note there is a $18.00 entrance fee.

We leave for sand hollow on the 21st and I will do everything I can to attend this event, Little Sahara is our second home :cool:

Thanks for the reminder on the entrance fee Shawn, forgot to mention it. I edited the post and added the fee info.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Two years ago when RME did the run at LS I almost just came out in my RZR. If the Minivan can't make it..... 🤪

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Does anyone know the actual regulations on the safety flag? How tall, location on vehicle? I haven't been able to find them and I need to figure out a mount.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Does anyone know the actual regulations on the safety flag? How tall, location on vehicle? I haven't been able to find them and I need to figure out a mount.

I have never seen any kind of flag rule enforced other than having one.