Report Field Trip to Teraflex

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
I needed to stop by Teraflex this morning and get some parts for my jeep, so while I was there I took some pictures of what was happening in the shop. Teraflex is always full of cool projects. And I don't know why I did not take photos of the new JK's in the parking lot. But here is what I took photos of today

First off was a quick photo of a good idea for the Scrmabler guys (that is me :greg:) These are JK sliders with about 2 inches cut off and they fit perfect on a scrambler.

scramblerRockers.jpg

From there I got a quick tour of the JK that was on the rack. First it was having the 4" lift removed and replaced with a 6" lift to accomidate 37" tires and still keep it street legal. One down there (no photos) is on 39.5" tires and still street legal. Very cool.. Bad photos, one of these days I am going to just leave the good camera in the car. Notice the new bling bling Fox shocks?

JK01.jpg
JK02.jpg
JK03.jpg
jk07.jpg

Did I mention it had a Hemi?? :greg::greg:

JK04.jpg
Jk05.jpg
jk06.jpg

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
And since I only belive about half what I Lean ever tells me I had to double check... :D

a 6.1 liter Hemi puts out 425 horsepower and 420 lb-ft touque. :eek:

He mentioned that they have done a quite a few engine swaps at Teraflex.

That is a lot of power for a vehicle that weights less than 4000# and came stock with 205HP. More than double the horsepower and almost double the touque sounds like a cool upgrade to me :greg:

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
First off was a quick photo of a good idea for the Scrmabler guys (that is me :greg:) These are JK sliders with about 2 inches cut off and they fit perfect on a scrambler.

Almost....they're TJ Unlimited sliders. (some call them LJ's)

Also, on the weight thing--Dennis' JK (6" longarm, 39.5's, F&R bumpers, winch) weighed in at 5200. :eek:

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
Also, on the weight thing--Dennis' JK (6" longarm, 39.5's, F&R bumpers, winch) weighed in at 5200. :eek:

Can you give us more details on that one? The 4000# is the weight of a bone stock jeep. I can easily see 1200 more in his axle, tires, lift, bumpers, engine, etc. Maybe we need to see a better write up on the Dennis JK. :greg:

That is the greenish one that is in the parking lot right? Did Dennis get the 6.1 as well?

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Can you give us more details on that one? The 4000# is the weight of a bone stock jeep. I can easily see 1200 more in his axle, tires, lift, bumpers, engine, etc. Maybe we need to see a better write up on the Dennis JK. :greg:

That is the greenish one that is in the parking lot right? Did Dennis get the 6.1 as well?

We probably should do a write-up on Dennis' JK....it's neat.

He doesn't have his Hemi installed yet, but it's a 5.7. Currently it sits like this:
Standard JK Rubicon Unlimited
Teraflex front and rear bumpers/tire carrier, color-matched
Warn 9500 TI winch
Teraflex 6" longarm suspension system
AEV heat reduction hood
4.88 gears, Teraflex HD covers F&R
39.5" IROK's on Raceline (I think) AL rims

I'm sure it'll end up heavier with the V8, and heavier again when he gets his 60's. I was pretty surprised to see the 5200 when we weighed it, but there it was.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Maybe we need to see a better write up on the Dennis JK. :greg:

Let me know a day or so before you're going to show up with a camera, and I'll make sure Dennis' rig will be available. :) (you did just volunteer, right?)

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
Yeah I will do that. It will have to be next week but I will stop by on my way to work one day. :greg:

Bart

I'm sure it'll end up heavier with the V8, and heavier again when he gets his 60's. I was pretty surprised to see the 5200 when we weighed it, but there it was.

Kilby weighed his LJ full of tools, with full sized 40" Baja Claw spare, Dynatrac Pro Rocks (40 splines) and Hemi. It came it at a cool 5800 lbs.

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
Almost....they're TJ Unlimited sliders. (some call them LJ's)

How much would a set run and are they cheaper than just buying a set built for a Scrambler? I have a CJ-7/8 ish rig that needs protection like a sailor entering a brothel.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
How much would a set run and are they cheaper than just buying a set built for a Scrambler? I have a CJ-7/8 ish rig that needs protection like a sailor entering a brothel.

They're about $450 for a set like the one pictured, with the side tubes. If you want one without tubes they're a bit cheaper, but the tubes are sexy. :D

Since you have a CJ7/8ish rig, you might want to verify dimensions before ordering though. ;)

Bob B

just a note to add about dennis' hemi swap, he is doing the 5.7 but he ended up putting a 6.1 camshaft in it. It should be running by mid week, it would be sooner but he is waiting on parts.

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
I stopped by again the other day with camera in hand to take a few more photos. Everytime I am there the shop is full of different rigs. Here were a few photos I took of them and the other shop areas

Gears and axle kit being installed in a YJ
IMG_1214.jpg

IMG_1215.jpg

I am bad with names, but this is an employees rig. Build very practical and used hard. It has a stroked engine and I understand it works very well
IMG_1216.jpg

IMG_1217.jpg

This one is still under construction. It is cool to see new rigs built up so well. These are at TeraFlex all the time. This has the new TeraFlex CRD60R axle, long arm kit, etc
IMG_1219.jpg

IMG_1221.jpg

This is by far the best latch I have seen for a tire carrier. If these are avalible aftermarket I will jump on one as soon as I can. Very strong, strong cam, saftey pin etc. The TeraFlex aftermarket bumpers look very cool. Definatly one to concider if you are looking for an upgrade
IMG_1222.jpg

IMG_1223.jpg

IMG_1224.jpg

Just another one from the parking lot. Wheelbase has been streached about 5 inches or so, finished off nice.
IMG_1225.jpg

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
Poison Spyder's tube fenders. I nearly bought some of these, and wished I had now. They looked good in person.
IMG_1226.jpg

IMG_1227.jpg

IMG_1228.jpg

Did you know they do emissions and inspections?
IMG_1229.jpg

IMG_1230.jpg

If you are looking for any odd part, it is worth your time to call them. Racks like these are all over. My guess is they have the axle shaft you are looking for in stock.
IMG_1231.jpg

New winch wires. If you need a replacement I bet I Lean would know where to get you one.
IMG_1233.jpg

IMG_1234.jpg

Lots of seats to look at and see in person
IMG_1235.jpg

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
Showroom
IMG_1236.jpg

IMG_1237.jpg

I always look at their for sale board. Here is a good deal on a project or some parts.
IMG_1238.jpg

They have a new high-tech alignment rack there. All compter controlled, lasers for measurmets, etc
IMG_1239.jpg

IMG_1240.jpg

These are the sensors that attach to the wheels
IMG_1241.jpg

The rack has the other side that will take the measurments and make the caluclations. It will adjust everything, including if one tire is low on air, or lower than the other, the computer will compensate to make sure the alignment is right on.
IMG_1242.jpg

Just one of the build rigs that was in the back I took some photos off.
IMG_1243.jpg

IMG_1244.jpg

They can mount and balance tires there too.
IMG_1245.jpg

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
A bender for custom exhaust work. :greg:
IMG_1246.jpg

IMG_1247.jpg

Inside the show room is a half a jeep, just on display. Pretty cool display that only a big shop could pull off
IMG_1248.jpg