Report Field trip to Tom Woods

Slangy

Sgt. CulPepper
I bought my driveline and SYE from Tom, what a great guy. When I was doing my sye I had a question so I took the 4 minute drive to the shop, told him my problem, he knew right away what I was doing wrong and when I got home, problem solved.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I used to have major driveline carnage on a unit built by another shop here in town, then I had tom build me his long travel, gold seal joint, 1310 shafts (he talked me out of 1350) and I never once had a problem after that.

He was super helpful in helping me make the choice, gave me a great price, and has been extremely generous on his donations and contribution of his time for Grand Slam West every year. I won't ever go anywhere else.

Cody

CJ Matt

Tom has been great every time I have been in there. I was also very impressed with how fast they are able to get the work done even when you let them know it is not a priority. I am lucky and only live 10 minutes from his shop.

RUSTED: These field trip reports and pics have been great!

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
.....When I thought I was going to need one lengthened I called Tom and he told me I could run it up, but that it would go through the system like all the rest of the drivelines. That makes so much more sense now.....

Yeah it makes sense how he operates. When I needed mine I told him that I was not in a hurry and since it was a holiday weekend to make it a "no rush" and to take his time. He told me that it would go through he normal process and even with my no-rush request and being a holiday weekend I had it a day or maybe 2 later. That was faster than anyone in town if had asked them to rush :D

XJEEPER

I've had the luxury of spending more time than most in Tom's shop and it's always been that way, it's just how he's wired. He's a savvy business man, inventive engineer and a heck of a nice guy. He could teach seminars on customer service, too.
I proud to call him my friend......[not sure that street goes both ways ;>) ]

Nice writeup too.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I've never seen the shop, but wow! How cool!!! Tom has always been awesome to me and my (his) customers!! I will never? sell any other business' driveline.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I half expected a dirty old garage or dark warehouse with Tom and maybe one other guys making a few drivelines a day.

I've always held Tom Woods drivelines in high regards simply from all the happy customers that I know.. But i have to admit that for some reason, I thought the same about the shop Rusted. :)

Looks like a well oiled machine!!

-Jason

XJEEPER

"I half expected a dirty old garage or dark warehouse with Tom and maybe one other guys making a few drivelines a day."

I recall the dumpy little auto shop that Tom started his driveline shop in, before he moved in, he polished it to a high sheen and packed it full of machines and parts, making use of every nook and cranny. Didn't take his business long to take off and outgrow it and into the shop he has now, which runs like a well, oiled machine.

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
I was going to take a photo of the building he started in. If it is the one I am thinking about it is very small, and he said he shared that building with another company.

One of the driveline presses he had in his shop was smaller and he said it is used for some of the shorter drivelines now, but at one point it was mounted inside of his Unimog. I wish I saw that set up back in the day.

311WJ

wow. my friend has one of Tom's Shafts on his MJ and it was really nice at a good price so i always have planned on getting one soon.. Now it's a no brainer. I'm definitely going to order mine from him...

Great thread man!