Film in the field? Neat article.

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
Film is gorgeous, you can get some spectacular resolution, which in a digital even full frame requires stitching to duplicate.

I want to just be able to print on the same paper as Peter Lik... that Fuji stuff with the silver flecks.. is soooooooooo beautiful. Reactive to all light, on the image.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
...I want to just be able to print on the same paper as Peter Lik... that Fuji stuff with the silver flecks.. is soooooooooo beautiful. Reactive to all light, on the image.

Have some examples of his work you can share?

I guess my true awareness for film (I won't say appreciation as I'm a complete photo slacker) comes from Michael Slade. He captures things on 'film' that I'm not sure can be done so eloquently with digital. We've shot all film on the Relic Run's, I think part of the fun is not knowing what exactly you caught and how it will turn out. Digital is too predictable :D

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Entertaining article. As many of you know, I'm a B&W film junkie but have recently started to succumb to the ease of digital. I have an interesting conundrum coming up though. I'll be taking a nine day trip to the Midwest with the Miata and I'm going to have to limit myself to one camera. I'm still not sure if I should grab the digital, one of my small 35mm or my Ansco Speedex 120mm rangefinder. Decisions, decisions...

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
I love film. I wish I had the time and resources to use it more. I would love to have my own darkroom. Last time I was in a darkroom was in high school

As many of you know, I'm a B&W film junkie but have recently started to succumb to the ease of digital. I have an interesting conundrum coming up though. I'll be taking a nine day trip to the Midwest with the Miata and I'm going to have to limit myself to one camera. I'm still not sure if I should grab the digital, one of my small 35mm or my Ansco Speedex 120mm rangefinder.

This is so much interesting information packed into a single post.

dentedvw

uıɐƃɐ ʇɐɥʇ op ʇ,uoʍ ı
There are a lot of self imposed problems, frankly. Miss the simplicity of film cameras? Sure, ok.
Your latest film camera had batteries too, right? Check.
You take too many pictures with digital? Then cut it down some.
Takes too long to transfer them to a laptop at the campfire? Then carry more cards, and label them. They take up less room than film rolls, and are somewhat less fragile.
Miss the simplicity of film cameras? Easy, put the camera in one setting, get used to how it works, and use it the most.
Don't like color correcting, photoshopping, etc? Then stop. Take the photo and be done, just like with your old film camera.

I miss my old pinhole shoebox.
:)