Finally started on the coyotes...

DAA

I finally went on my first coyote hunt of the year this past weekend. Did "pretty good".

How 'bout y'all? Getting out amongst 'em yet? Doing any good?

- DAA

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
tried and failed.. multiple times. Waiting for a buddy from Blanding to take me out for some teaching..

DAA

tried and failed.. multiple times. Waiting for a buddy from Blanding to take me out for some teaching..

Hopefully you are having fun even when not having much luck. I know I do, even on days I get skunked, I have a blast trying. But, even more than hoping you are having fun trying, I hope you start having some success SOON! I know if you keep trying and learning from mistakes, you WILL have success, lots of it, I just hope it starts happening right away.

I've only been able to get out once so far this year myself, and will only get in two more hunts between now and Thanksgiving. One of them will be taking my nephew out for his first time and the other will be getting out with my hunting partner of 30 years for our first hunt together this year - he was supposed to go with me a few days ago but had some stuff come up. If I could somehow get the time free, I'd love to try and help show you the basics. Which is all I could show you - my methods are as basic as it gets. And it's not like I really know that much about it anyway. There are a few other guys here that know as much or more about hunting coyotes than I do. But don't hesitate to ask questions - we may be able to help some.

Here's a few pics from this weekend...

I killed two on my very first stand of the year. What is special about that, is this is the third year in a row I have made this exact same stand for the first one of the year and killed two coyotes to start off my season.

IMG_1472W.JPG

Just a couple more pics from the hunt...

IMG_1473W.JPG

IMG_1495_W.JPG

IMG_1546W.JPG

Too much fun!

- DAA

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
So you dont need any special permit to hunt these right? And you get paid to do it or how's this work? I've heard of the whole thing but never really looked into it much...sounds interesting...and that last picture, damn! lol

Team1k

I just signed up. No special permit needed but you do take the online test that takes 5 mins. Main thing of intrest to note is you do need a way to record the gps location of the coyotes you have killed. I have never been hunting in my life but my friend is interested in doing this. He says he cant kill animals, i told him i cant skin them, so im going to be shooting and he will be skinning. Im curious where other people are going though. I was thinking out by 5 mile pass since i always hear them howling out there.

SpeedyVic

I'm looking to get out and try this as well. I was at a hare scramble in Yost and heard a bunch of dogs howling. Then when we were pulling the course after the race, I saw a bunch of old (?) dens that had been dug out on the side of one of the washes we rode through. A friend of mine that set up the course said he chased a few while he was marking the course.