First effort...

DAA

Just some pics from the first time out with my new camera a couple of weeks ago on a trip to The Maze.

On this one, I can't decide whether I like this version:
DollHouse-1W.JPG

Or this version that's been cropped?
DollHouse-1AW.JPG

Same with this one, can't decide which one looks better, the one with the big old blown out moon in the corner:
DollHouseNight-2W.JPG

Or with the moon cropped out?
DollHouseNight-2AW.JPG

Or... This one which is a different exposure entirely?
DollHouseNight-1W.JPG

All very amateur efforts for sure, but a lot of fun none the less. And, yeah, I took a lot of pictures at this campsite. This isn't even half of them :rofl:.

- DAA

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
Like the third, if you can get that on a moonless night, that would be very nice indeed

iceaxe

Backroad Adventurer
Looks like your having fun with the new camera Dave, some cool shots!

For the first I like the crop a little better, though I would try to crop just the top rather than top and bottom.

For the second, in #1 the moon is a distraction. #2 without the moon is what I'm leaning towards and I like the darker sky, more stars, and exposure of camp better than #3 except for what Looks like some ghosting of purplish light around the camp objects. With #3 the moon isn't as distracting as #1 but camp is cleaner looking though a bit blown out.

DAA

Thanks for the comments guys.

Here's another one from that trip I kinda like. Nothing special about it, almost deleted it at first, actually, but for whatever reason it has grown on me since.

PlateRocksSkyW.JPG

- DAA

DAA

That's the Doll House camp #1 in The Maze. One more pic of that camp just for grins:

DollHouse-2W.JPG

And a couple of wild burros from a few miles away up on The Spur:

Burros-1W.JPG

And a couple purely gratuitous Jeep shots while I'm at it :D.

MazeJeep511-1W.JPG

MazeJeep511-2W.JPG

-DAA

Caleb

In your first two series, I like the second of each version. Nice pictures. :) I need to get my DSLR out more :D

DAA

Looks like you're off to great start! How are your Photoshop skills?

Skills? I would say... Non existent! :D

I started using PS about 10 days ago. Feel like I have "learned" quite a bit in a short time. I now know what a lot of the tools are and what they are supposed to do, a lot of things I didn't know just two weeks ago. But, skill? None, yet!

- DAA

rholbrook

Nice shots Dave. Are you able to get Cindy out with you on these? My wife is good for 2 days, after than she thinks she needs to wash STUFF. And she makes us boys brush our teeth. We always eat better when she comes as well.

DAA

Russ, it's about the same, Cindy is good for weekend camping trips. But four or five nights, with long-long days riding in the Jeep in between, she doesn't care for so much.

I always eat good camping though, whether Cindy is there or not. It's always rib eyes, fried chicken or t-bones, something like that every night when I camp :greg:.

Speaking of which, I'm loading up the whole family and heading for The Swell for the weekend here in just a couple of hours :cool:.

- DAA