Fishing in Alaska.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Well I leave tomorrow to fish for Silvers on the Kenai River for a few days.

That's all. Feel free to hate me (more).
:D

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Day one is over. I'm beat. We ended up not trying for silvers today, maybe tomorrow. Today we focused on trout. Netted quite a few good sized ones. My biggest was 20 inches. The biggest for the boat was 25.

Back for more tomorrow.

rambrush

You need to move down a bit towards Homer and give the Kasilof River a shot a quieter river than Kenai. We did really good on it.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Got back this morning. It was a rush of a trip. The second day of fishing was way better than the first. We still fished for trout, which we were kind of disappointed with, but oh well. It turned out great for us. My big (huge) fish of the day was a 32 inch Rainbow. It was awesome, but didn't put up any fight. It made me a member of the "trophy trout club". So that was cool. For perspective, our guide has been fishing the river for years, over 300 days a year. He has never landed one bigger then 29 inches. He was going crazy, taking pictures of it like it was his fish. Pretty funny.
Just after that my brother hooked into a would be 28 incher that took us for a ride. It was ripping line off the rill faster than the boat could chase it down. After a 14 minute fight we netted it. Lots of cheers for that one. It was a great way to end the day.
We spent the next two days in Anchorage checking out all our old hangouts, the house we grew up in, our high school, ect. One other cool thing was that on our way back to Anchorage we spotted a pod of Beluga Whales working their way up Turnagain Arm. We have driven that same road a thousand times, but had never seen them before. So it was lucky day for us this time. They were swimming only about 20 feet out so we got a pretty good look at them.
The real awesome thing with the whales was that we were the first to spot them. I jumped out with the gopro running and before we knew it there was traffic stopping all over the place on the highway to see what was going on, including a big tour bus. This was pretty common to have happen growing up, and we used to cuss at the people stopping traffic on the highway to see wildlife. Now I was the one doing all that! How ironic.
I'll work on getting a picture of the fish and some video.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Here it is. We wanted Silvers, but when you catch Rainbows as big as Silvers does it really matter? We caught lots of other Rainbows in the 25-28 inch range that were awesome as well, but this one takes the cake.

The best part of the trip is that we didn't see a drop of rain the whole time. Pretty much unheard of.

Kenai River 32 inch Rainbow Sept. 25 2014.jpg