Fishing: No more second pole license

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Just in case some of you hadn't heard, as of 1 July there is no longer a requirement to purchase a second pole permit to fish with two poles.

The new admin rule is R657-13 if you feel like reading it. The regulation book does not reflect the change but you can no longer purchase the permit anyway.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
So anybody with a valid license can fish with 2 poles now? Obviously I didn't feel like reading it...:p

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Correct. I bought my license at the beginning of the month as well and no longer need 2 licenses. Although the initial fee I think has gone up a little bit, but still less than buying two.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Its awesome having two poles sitting on the bank of a lake when the fishing isn't too fast. Plus you can have different setups to figure out which stuff that is working.

skeptic

Hmm.. Wish I'd have known that this weekend. Toss in a bobber/bait line and lure fish at the same time.

O'neal

?????????
This apply to non resident's also? I remember ice fishing utah last year,drove me nut's and got bored quick only having one pole.

ID Bronco

Its awesome having two poles sitting on the bank of a lake when the fishing isn't too fast. Plus you can have different setups to figure out which stuff that is working.

Funny story, my buddy was fly fishing at a local pond and he brought in what felt like a boat anchor. It ended up being a spinning rod. Funniest part was the 17" rainbow trout was still attached to the line on that rod. (it must have pulled the 2nd rod off the shore while no one was watching it) The fish was worn out but lived. It had to have been that morning.