Five Mile Pass Clean up

onetuff76

Guard Rail Tester
Just got this from some rock climbing organizations. They're having trouble with people shutting down access to their areas to, perhaps an ally? Anyways They're doing a clean up with other people just thought I'd post it for anyone that is interested. As usual I don't know if my schedule will accomidate my attendence or not, but it would be nice to get some wheeling guys down there. Here's the e-mail I got:

BLM officer and PRT graduate Britta [Nelson] Laub has] received confirmation that the Secretary of Interior, Gale Norton, will be attending the Fivemile Pass National
Public Lands Day Event, in conjunction with the American Frontiers Trek, A
Public Lands Journey. BLM Fire Prevention Team, Leave No Trace! and
possibly HawkWatch will be on site for the duration of the event. If you
give me your FAX number, I'd be happy to FAX a map.

EXPLORE AMERICA'S BACKYARD!

NATIONAL PUBLIC LANDS DAY - FIVEMILE PASS, UTAH

THIS IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO GET INVOLVED, GAIN TRAIL PATROL HOURS, MEET YOUR LOCAL BLM MANAGERS AND WORK WITH OTHERS WHO ENJOY THE AREA.

Join the Salt Lake Field Office, Bureau of Land Management (BLM) in a work
day event to celebrate National Public Lands Day on Saturday, September 28,
2002 at Fivemile Pass, Utah.

The event will begin at 8:00 a.m. and conclude at noon. Fivemile Pass is a popular OHV and dispersed use recreation area located on the southern end of the Oquirrh Mountains in Utah and Tooele Counties.

The event will consist of many local user groups, clubs, and BLM employees
1. cleaning up litter in the area,
2. constructing and installing bulletin boards, and
3. signing routes.

To
reach Fivemile Pass, travel south on I-15, take the first Lehi exit (exit
number 285), turn right onto Highway 73. Follow Highway 73 west.
(Fivemile Pass is approximately 21 miles west of Lehi). Travel to the
Utah/Tooele county line, and turn left (south) off of the highway to the
event headquarters (you will see several shade ramadas on site). Find the
BLM sign-in/information booth to sign up as a volunteer.

Please indicate which project you would prefer to assist with (1-3, above). Bring gloves, sunscreen, water and closed toe shoes. For more information, contact
Britta Laub at (801) 977-4389.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Awsome! We need to organize a RME Group!

I'll go! Who else can make it??

I was bummed about missing the last cleanup out there! There's a great trail out there that we can run afterwords.

Thanks for the heads up! BTW, is there Rockclimbing out there? How are Climbers involved? :confused:

demon jeep

Banned
I ready to go right know, well how about 6 days from know
I think we are meeting out there at 9am at the big parking lot
ooops they said that in the first post:p

Greg is the toy going to be ready for rattle snake on that day?

onetuff76

Guard Rail Tester
I'm pretty sure it was from rock climbing they're th only group that has that particular e-mail address..........I could be wrong though..........
wouldn't suprise me though, you cand boulder on boulders that alot of us drive over ;)

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I still haven't sought spousal approval. Maybe I'll take the kids and ask for forgiveness. I don't think my truck will make it this time. Last time it got to haul cement blocks......everybody was real cool about not damaging it though.

Demon....maybe that's a good day for me to finally get those shovels back to you, and 'drop my truck off in American Fork'---kind of the long way, though.

Greg

Admin
I may not make it.......

Getting the EFI swap done is #1 priority, since it's still not done! I'll do my best.....but if I'm not there, have fun!!

Ryan

So did anybody actually go today? I was fully planning on it when I went to bed at 2:00 this morning(I think you can see where this is going...). There was no way when 8:00 came around. It was already more than half over by the time I peeled my eyes open.

Just wondering if anybody from here went.

Greg

Admin
Originally posted by Ryan
Well poo-diddely-oop. That sucks. Are you still stumped, or just chipping away at it?

No longer stumped.....chipping now. I have to keep running to the wrecking yard to get more small parts. That eats all my time, I had to run to Anderson Wrecking in Springville today!! I still need the wiring from the Pump to the harness, but I believe thats it. It looks like the end of next week may be the run date! Lets hope so......

Ryan

I've been to Anderson before. That's just about the biggest hillbilly junk yard I think I've ever been to. Except the one on the north side of the road just east of Moab. Sounds like fun.