Trip Report Flat Fenders on Pritchett Canyon

smfulle

On Saturday, the 15th of September of group of 4 vintage jeeps ran through Pritchett Canyon.
Two of us had never tried to make it clear through the canyon before and were a little bit nervous about doing it in our stock-ish rigs.
Here's my video that focuses on my 1948 Willys CJ2A, Grampa's Jeep.

smfulle

I'm more than impressed with the Pritchett run by you guys, very impressive! Was it harder that you thought it would be, Stan?

I think I would say that it was about what I expected. If you watched my entire video you will hear me several times saying things like “that doesn’t feel very good” or “that’s really scary.”

I fully expected to get winched or tugged up more of the obstacles. As it turned out I only took a line on Son of Rock Pile and I think if I had been more patient I might have made that too. The other guys with me were very patient and helpful and I didn’t think they need to build me a highway stacking rocks there so I took the tug.

Very fun day and I felt pretty good being able to do as well as I did.

Sure was a long drive out.

smfulle

We tend to do a lot of videoing on these trips. Brian Evens, owner operator of the blue modified flatty, made this version.
You probably have to really like flat fenders to watch a 3d version of this, but this version does show more of my try at Son of Rock Pile at the 15:35 mark.