Archived Flatfenders at EJS 2017

smfulle

You may have noticed that I usually have a GoPro hanging off of my jeep while running. The trouble I have with the GoPro is that I tend to tape WAY too much stuff to make an interesting video. And since I had such a good time on the trail I have a hard time throwing anything out. Anyway I put together this video, mostly of footage from my on board GoPro with a few alternate views from a friends video that I already posted above. I sped up the parts that are in between the obstacles to X4 speed to get through it faster.

[video=youtube;idYDkx-4uEA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idYDkx-4uEA[/video]

smfulle

Here's another video from the GoPro camera on board my Jeep during EJS 2017. I have worried about these things being too long, but when I'm looking for trails to run I am always disappointed when I look at a video and it only gives me a short shot of the main obstacles and nothing else so I'm trying to compromise with these by cutting out the spots where nothing really seems to be happening and then speeding up the clips in between the obstacles to X4 speed so that you get a feel for the trail without having to take 3 hours to do it.

Anyway, this is our run on the Kane Creek Canyon trail. Kane Creek is a different kind of Moab wheeling. For a large portion of the trail you are running along, across, and in Kane Creek. It's not really difficult, but I think it's fun. In an open Jeep with the windshield down, go too fast and you can get a face full of water.

[video=youtube;ZZSOYC5il3A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZSOYC5il3A[/video]

My wheeling partner Jeff made this short clip with his new drone while we were taking a break on the trail. He's still figuring the drone out, but the canyon is spectacular.

[video=youtube;ug2voN8tfFI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug2voN8tfFI[/video]

Last edited:

RogueJeepr

Here!
Great videos. I like the 2 views on obstacles and full trail filming. Always wondered if a smaller tired rig would get through it.
I tried running that trail a few years ago but we ran out of daylight and ambition.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I saw a bunch of flatties on Top of the world as we were coming out from filming...there was a trail of them like bread crumbs all the way down...I'm guessing Moab is pretty tough on that vintage tech! I still want one though!!!

smfulle

I saw a bunch of flatties on Top of the world as we were coming out from filming...there was a trail of them like bread crumbs all the way down...I'm guessing Moab is pretty tough on that vintage tech! I still want one though!!!

My group didn't do Top Of The World, maybe next time.

I got a few extra body dings and some really awesome scratches on the skid plate. I suspect that every rig that runs the trails we did probably gets some of that. Oh and I broke my windshield glass, but that was just dumbness on my part. When I put the windshield down I forgot to move the wiper blade which the aftermarket electric wiper motor parks in the wrong spot, so all the weight of the windshield was on the wiper arm/ wiper motor shaft and the glass broke out from there, Other than that, I'm ready for another go at it.

Last edited:

smfulle

Another days worth of GoPro video from my trip to EJS. This is of our run on parts of Gold Bar Rim and Golden Spike. We went up to the Golden Crack. The was a big crowd there, mostly of full size trucks. You'll see it in the video.With that big crowd, we didn't want to try crossing the crack and break something because we were trying something extra dumb while showing off in our little flat fenders for the crowd. Maybe next time when we can study it out and take some time. As before, the clips between the obstacles are x4 speed.

[video=youtube_share;tEs8SARxUQw]https://youtu.be/tEs8SARxUQw[/video]