Flexplate to torque converter question

JeeperG

Anybody know how much play is acceptable on the flexplate to torque converter bolt holes. Bolt is around .37 and hole is around .41 so there is a little bit of play obviously. This is for a big block Chevy to a TH400, my torque converter is threaded. Maybe it'll be fine as long as I thread lock and torque everything to spec?

IMG_20200214_164103.jpg

JeeperG

Been so long since I even messed with this sort of thing, I suppose properly set up it is fine. Flexplate is sandwiched between torque converter and crankshaft, it can only rotate. I just don't want anything to go wrong.

IMG_20200214_180138.jpg

astjp2

Pilot snout on the torque converter should keep it aligned, that is all you need to worry about. the friction caused by the proper torque of the bolt will take care of the rest. tim

JeeperG

Pilot snout on the torque converter should keep it aligned, that is all you need to worry about. the friction caused by the proper torque of the bolt will take care of the rest. tim
Kinda what I was figuring, flexplate was previously installed but I don't think actually used, I think sometimes you have to drill them larger as well. I'll just roll with it as is.