Flying

gatchmo5710

I've never gotten a chance to ride in a heli. What do I gotta do to get a lift in one?

Simple!!! Either a first born or a left leg is all!

Im lucky enough to be a grease monkey for about 15 ships throughout the west so test rides come along often. I do take care of Zion Helicopters in Hurricane and would be happy to help you get a good deal on a hour flight... but its not cheap even with the friend discount :( 1000$/hr is the advertised price.

Jesser04

Im lucky enough to be a grease monkey for about 15 ships throughout the west so test rides come along often. I do take care of Zion Helicopters in Hurricane and would be happy to help you get a good deal on a hour flight... but its not cheap even with the friend discount :( 1000$/hr is the advertised price.
Is that a per person price?

Caleb

Wow, I can a do full island heli tour in Hawaii for my family for less than that. (We paid $800 for the three of us)

Houndoc

When flying I do appreciate my small stature (5'7", 170 lbs.)
One other thing I have found is I love small, out of the way airports.
I have flown multiple times out of Churchill, Manitoba. Zero security (not even a metal detector) and had them call me at my hotel 10 minutes before departure when a seat opened up. Rental car return was leave the truck in the parking lot with the keys in the ignition and they will find it. Almost as easy out if a small airport in Fiji that has 2 flights in and out each day.
They are so much easier!

The_Lobbster

I don't really fly. When I do I have learned to book early and pay extra for emergency row or bulk head. I am 6'7" and 275. Coach sucks.
I typically do that as well, however, I fly mostly short regional flights out of salt lake on Delta, where they're usually just running embraer's with no emergency exit row, so I get screwed no matter what haha.

I love to fly and love to travel. Not wild about all the inconvenience, but it beats all of the alternatives... I'm 6'2", so I use all the tools I can to get an exit/front row/comfort seat, but I'll live with whatever I can get.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
Flying is one thing where being scrawny like me helps. One flight I got stuck between two Iowa State football players and their shoulders just about touched each other even with the seat between them that I was stuck in. Luckily the plane wasn't full and they moved to some empty seats as soon as we took off and hit altitude.