FNH Five-seveN?

Brian P

Misanthropic Fuel
Anyone have any up close and personal time with one?
I have a line on a used one from an account, with box and sadly only one mag.
However it's a couple hundred below what I have seen lately, I know ammo is way spensive, However anyone know of any known issues, I've been pouring over the internet looking, but haven't really found anything crazy.
If you have some input, please let me know.
Thanks!

EDIT.
It's the pistol, sorry.

Last edited:

Brian P

Misanthropic Fuel
I will be getting a second look on Fri. I was a little rushed today and I didn't have anything to inspect the barrel with, if all goes well, for the money, I will pick it up, in can sit on it for a while looking for ammo, even though that sounds like a drag.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
If I remember, only FN was making the ammo or something, and then they stopped and wouldn't license it? some kind of deal like that. Unrelated to political BS

Taconut

Offroad Addicted
Gunnies in Orem has this ammo. Limit two boxes per day. Not sure on price, not something I use, just noticed they had some on the shelf.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
It is an incredible weapon with a long history. If you can get it south of a grand then snatch it up. They stopped making ammo in house and have farmed it out to a few companies that I cannot remember off the top of my head. I want one badly! 20rnd mag of armor piercing goodness but unfortunately the ammo is too expensive as of late to make it a reasonable plinker. Chances are the barrel is in great shape. Get it!

Brian P

Misanthropic Fuel
Thanks again all!
I picked it up yesterday, We do work with a few pawn shops around town fixing jewelry, When they get in interesting guns, He usually stops in AND gives me good deals.

Only one mag, However... $700 :)

78CC7892-2E65-482E-84EB-CB61F90A0130-7885-000008C43D7149C7_zps3794ad8d.jpg

chans

Sportsmans Warehouse in Midvale has a ton of the American Eagle ammo for 27 something a box and not sure if there is a limit.

Brian P

Misanthropic Fuel
I only brought along 50 rounds using the single factory 20rd. magazine that came with it when I bought it as well as a 30rd. ProMag magazine I picked up from PSA.
Let me tell you, This is one smooth shooter! in the last video you will see the last three rounds, watch the muzzle flip on it, I had the 30 round extended mag on it, But I don't think it was really much help and the grip is fairly large as is.

Here is the first 20 rounds shot at about 15 feet, Please bare with me as this is the first range time in over 3 months and I cants see ;)
Five-seveNfirstmag.jpg

The second mag or 30 looks a little better, Still could use some room for improvement! I am anything BUT high speed or low drag...
Five-seveNmagtwo.jpg

Slo-mo
http://s98.photobucket.com/user/Vitesse_6/media/Five-seveN.mp4.html

Last three rounds.
http://s98.photobucket.com/user/Vitesse_6/media/Five-seveNlast3rounds.mp4.html

About the ONLY thing I didn't like about the FN, ALL the brass ejects forward behind the barrier :(
I need more ammo!
And to think I thought about selling it last weekend, out of boredom, now I'm hooked!

Of all the pistols I have ever owned the FsN is by far my favorite. Just so you know. Gallensons had the AE plinking ammo for about 21 a box a week or two ago. It's not the best ammo but it's cheap and punches holes in paper just fine! It's also 6 dollars a box cheaper then most places have it for so might be worth a trip.

Here's mine with my REPR:

Brian P

Misanthropic Fuel
Of all the pistols I have ever owned the FsN is by far my favorite. Just so you know. Gallensons had the AE plinking ammo for about 21 a box a week or two ago. It's not the best ammo but it's cheap and punches holes in paper just fine! It's also 6 dollars a box cheaper then most places have it for so might be worth a trip.

Here's mine with my REPR:

Very nice looking stick you have there!
Thanks for the heads up, I wandered into Gallensons a few weeks ago and picked up a couple hundred $$'s of the FN blue box, I think I need to head back over for more.