Ford 3.5EB exhaust manifold repair...Dealer only?

Pike2350

My '12 F150 needs to have the exhaust manifold repaired/ replaced. When did my 120k service rhe dealer told me the manifold needed to be replaced and quoted me $3k. I knew there was an exhaust leak.

I am trying to find out if anyone knows a shop outside of a dealer that I could call? I tried one I have used in the past but they said they couldn't do it

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
My friend who owns the Tunex off I-15 in Springville does a lot of these. I don’t know what he charges but do recall him saying that it is a pricey repair due to the amount of labor.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I was also going to say that the tunex in Springville does a lot of them, so it should be pretty good quality work.

Pike2350

Springville is a bit far for me...but if it saves a couple of hundred then it would be worth the trip. I can also check Pau's Auto in Sandy.

Keep the suggestions coming, just in case.

Thanks,

Destroyer

Phil Nelson
If you’re going to do them, I would definitely look into BD exhaust manifolds. They use all the studs in the head which support the manifold much better so you won’t have this problem in the future they flow better too. I noticed a difference on my truck when I did them.

1969honda

Supporting Member
Make sure they swap out the turbo oil feed line screens if they are pulling the turbos. Cheap, easy and it is good preventative maintenance while in there.