Ford 44's

rustybronco

Flat Land Offroader
I just acquired full widths from a 78 bronco for my early bronco which now has a 30. I don't have the 44 in front of me, so I'm wondering if it will bolt right on, or are the C-bushings spread farther out on the full width?

Andy

aka. Hollywood
Yes they are wider than what you have, if your lucky you got the weld on c- bushing mounts that you can relocate in a little to accomidate the springs. If not, you will have to fab some spring mounts.

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
I left the c bushings alone and legthened the radius arms 8-10 inches. This will bring the arms back under the frame. Just move the stock brackets back on the frame. Then you just need to fab some mnts for the coil. Andy my still have my old housing with the brackets I built for it? Andy? Picture? Was not too big of deal to fab.

HTH
Marc

rustybronco

Flat Land Offroader
I can see how lengthening the arms would work. Did you use drop down brackets or the stock mounts? I have the drop downs now but hate how low they hang. I think I've got 7 degree bushings sitting around somewhere. Might be 4 degrees. Maybe I'll just build my 4 link front end like I've been dreaming of.

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
You can use the stock brackets, or I can send you some 2wd van brackets that work well to. (they sit against the frame like the stock ones) Depending on lift, you may need to switch bushing. I used 3 deg on mine.
Marc

rustybronco

Flat Land Offroader
Any idea of how much in inches were talking in the differences between the c blocks on the full width vs. bronco width? Would a second set of blocks fit inboard next to the full width blocks to get me going? I just need to find a truck to measure!!!