Fordy Stalker 2

JeeperG

Now that things are winding down on this project, I have time to make a new thread on the building of this truck and also the history and meaning behind it for me.

To start this story we should start with the original "Fordy Stalker" and a story of my father.

Born the 1st day of January, 1948 in Glendale California, to me it was this early upbringing around the Southern California car culture of the time, dads uncles and older brothers that gave him the sickness, Mickey Thompson lived just right down the street. Eventually they relocated to Farmington Utah where the story on the "Fordy Stalker" begins.

1964 dad purchases a roughed up 1940 Ford Coupe Deluxe from is oldest brother.
img057.jpg
My uncle actually had 4 coupes at one point, you can see the two we still have here.
img056.jpg
Yes that is snow on the ground.
img055.jpg

img054.jpg

img050.jpg

img048.jpg

JeeperG

It was while in high school dad meets his friend Lee.
img038.jpg

img037.jpg

img039.jpg
Then by the late 60's dad and another friend join the Navy with the buddy system and eventually ship off to Vietnam, here he is aboard the U.S.S. Vancouver, note some of these same pictures behind him.
img001.jpg
His car will be waiting for him when he gets back, I am sure he had all sorts of dreams for it during this time.
coupe-winter.jpg

JeeperG

So after being in the Navy from 68-71 dad comes home and it's during this time he starts rebuilding his coupe, he swaps the flathead out for a 455 Buick and a TH400.
img028.jpg
And eventually it turns into the "Fordy Stalker" This is the car I remember and the inspiration behind my truck build. my Uncle Pat painted it and my Uncle Larry did the logos on the door and the trunk lid, Hal Larson Pinstripes it.
Coupe 782.jpg
I still hear stories today of his street racing days and times at the dragstrip with his brothers. It was a fast car for the time.
Coupe 781.jpg
Then I came along in the late 70's, some of my earliest memories are of this car riding around all over southern Utah.
img265.jpg

JeeperG

I met Hal when I was in college in Cedar City. He always had some cool things outside his shop.
You should see what's not outside. Been awhile since I been in there but he's got quite the collection, if I remember his dad was a speed boat racer, I learned how to water ski at like 10 behind one of Hals speedboats on Lake Powell. He's a good guy, I still talk to him all the time, both the 40 coupes currently have his pinstriping still. I don't think we are going to pinstripe the truck though, might have something he can contribute to on the truck though.

JeeperG

The Fordy Stalker was essentially a daily driver for many years.
img079.jpg

img073.jpg

img058.jpg
My uncle had a shop in Cedar before moving North again to teach at Ogden High, we still have that 59 also.
img067.jpg

img174.jpg
Brian Head
img021.jpg
Down at Dixie Raceway with my Uncle Pat. Still trying to source any photos family might have from that time.
img156.jpg