Forrest Fenn's Treasure Hunt

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
I think this is one of many news stories you will see for the next couple of weeks filled with speculation.

If it was legit, why would he not just announce where it was and solve the mystery? I'm convinced it was a hoax. And why does the finder want to remain anonymous? So no one will try to steal it from him?

I don't know, I'm just not buying it.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
If it was legit, why would he not just announce where it was and solve the mystery? I'm convinced it was a hoax. And why does the finder want to remain anonymous? So no one will try to steal it from him?

I don't know, I'm just not buying it.

Tax dodging (which I can't blame him) or he doesn't want relatives bothering him... or it's fake.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
How does Uncle Sam determine the taxable amount of a box of old coins and other “valuable” items?

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
If I found it I wouldn't want anyone knowing who I was...:spork:

I think with something this high-profile the .gov is going to know who you are no matter how secret you try to keep it - so tax-dodging would be mostly impossible... I'd just want to avoid anyone and everyone you know asking you for handouts, business "opportunities" and whatnot. I'd probably share with some close family and friends with the condition that they keep it quiet too.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose