Forrest Fenn's Treasure Hunt

theferg

DD for Life
So have any of you gone looking in Yellowstone yet? I read through all of that again last night and after I fell asleep had wild dreams of finding the treasure and then fending off bad guys trying to rob me of it... Haha

I'm down for a Yellowstone trip though.... :)

4x4_Welder

I was just thinking about this the other day. I read an article a few years back that presented a few theories based on his age, condition, and vehicle as to where he could have realistically hidden it.
I was moderately into geocaching years back, this is like the ultra expert level hunt.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
My thoughts on this:

His whole purpose in doing this is to get people outside and exploring. So I believe one of two things.

1. It’s a hoax. If it was real it would get found and then people would stop going outside to look for it. That’s not what he would want to have happen.

2. It’s real and it’s been found. The finder understands Fenns passion for exploration and has kept silent about the find in order to keep the hunt, and people going.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I disagree, I don't think it's been found. I think Fenn isn't a good poet and his rhyme is harder to solve than the thought it would be and the treasure hasn't been found.

That said, it's a valuable treasure... if I had found it, I would keep it a secret simply to avoid the attention.

The_Lobbster

I would think it would be classified as prize money. I actually had a theory it was in Utah, until he announced it wasn’t in Utah lol.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin

JeeperG

Most these dudes dying are over complicating this, remember he carried that stuff from X to X as an older man....twice? If I recall right he spent a lot of time in and out of Jellystone as a kid, so the theory of it being in or out of Jelly are more sound to me. I also have a co-worker thats super serious about this stuff and he is all over a whole nother place.

notajeep

Just me