Four Corners Tour, Spring 2014

ttora4runner

It was so windy we didn't do any of the longer hikes. Had the weather been better, we would have. Between the sun that day and the wind all day & night, I didn't get much sleep in the tent. The next day was rough. :(

We came in from the North (the main entrance) and it was bad enough! :eek: I heard the South road was pretty bad, I wanted to make good time so we stuck with the usual route.

The south road is only bad if you have car :D honestly its not that bad. Just a little confusing in a spot or to.

I hear ya on the wind. It kinds of sucks out there.

Kevin B.

Big hippy
The south road is only bad if you have car :D honestly its not that bad. Just a little confusing in a spot or to.

We came in past the campground and Fajada Butte, on what google says is CR7950, and it was a long graded strip of really really washboarded gravel and clay and sand. I thought that was the south road, is there a better way in?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
are most of the mesa verde ruins reconstructions, or are they more true to how they found them?

Most of them have been left alone, with a little bit of work to keep the fragile ones standing. The ones in the alcoves & overhangs have withstood the wear & tear better than the ruins that are out in the open.

Great TR Greg! Excellent pics

Killer pics! Looks like a good time :cool:

Appreciate it guys! It was a great trip. :)

I hear ya on the wind. It kinds of sucks out there.

I thought the North road was bad for a car... :rofl:

We came in past the campground and Fajada Butte, on what google says is CR7950, and it was a long graded strip of really really washboarded gravel and clay and sand. I thought that was the south road, is there a better way in?

That's the 'normal/good' route in, as I understand. I haven't driven the other route.

Hardcastle

Sweet trip report! Thanks for sharing it. Several people on here make me want to upgrade my camera equipment. ie use something other than my phone.

ttora4runner

I thought the North road was bad for a car... :rofl:

That's the 'normal/good' route in, as I understand. I haven't driven the other route.

Got confusssed its the west road that goes out to Kin Klizhin that takes you out to hwy 371. http://www.nps.gov/chcu/planyourvisit/upload/CHCU_park2006 UPDATE.pdf

P1040874.jpg

P1040924.jpg

P1040875Stitch.jpg

P1040880.jpg

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Sixstringsteve, you need to see Mesa Verde! One of my favorite places to visit. I first went as a 12 year old, and it made me feel like a big time explorer/treasure hunter. I hope to take the kids there next year.

sixstringsteve

Sixstringsteve, you need to see Mesa Verde! One of my favorite places to visit. I first went as a 12 year old, and it made me feel like a big time explorer/treasure hunter. I hope to take the kids there next year.

Thanks, it's been on my list for quite some time. I'll make it happen next year.

Greg

Admin
Got confusssed its the west road that goes out to Kin Klizhin that takes you out to hwy 371. http://www.nps.gov/chcu/planyourvisit/upload/CHCU_park2006 UPDATE.pdf

P1040874.jpg

P1040924.jpg

P1040875Stitch.jpg

P1040880.jpg

Good to know! Had I known the shape of that route, I would have taken it! The 'easy' way in was pretty rough, I was surprised how many cars use that bad road.

Great trip! I really enjoyed the report and the pics. I especially liked the black and white tree shot.

Thanks! The tree was one of my favorite photo's too.

Saw these pics over on CO4x4 as well. Again, great pics. If you guys are ever down this way, I can show you around some trails. My stomping grounds!

:cool: I appreciate the offer!

Greg

Admin
Greg super awesome photos, I would love to Dual Sport with you one of these days... I have an 08 ktm 990

You're in GJ too, right? There are quite a few others around here with 950/990 Adventures & Super Enduros... all good guys. I'm game for a dual sport ride most weekends!

Awesome report and pics!
One more area I want explore now! You guys are going to cost me a fortune in fuel! :rofl:

Thanks, glad you see something that perks your interest... couldn't ask for anything better! Enjoy! ;)