Fred is RED

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
So talk to me about the dual alternators? Redundancy? What on earth are you going to do with all those spare amps? Save them and sell them back to dead Optima owners? :D
I have no idea, but a man I trusted said I should get them because it's cool so I got them. That's literally how I decided that option. 😂

Because I got the factory gooseneck package, I also have 7way and 4 way plugs in the bed. I'll sometimes use those for actual RV stuff, but it also means I can easily run accessories like a fridge or a massive Tesla Coil in the bed.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I'm assuming that headers, cam, heads etc. will be added as they become available? :D
Those are all available, but I probably won't mess with this motor.

Please keep us posted on towing - I'm especially interested if you get a chance to pull 10-12K lbs.
The dump trailer with tractor and attachments is about 9,500. I towed that back and forth from Eagle Mountain to Grantsville last weekend via 5 Mile Pass. Lots of medium grades on that route and it had no problem maintaining 67 mph. I averaged 9.8 mpg for that part of the tank.

I also have 38' 5th wheel that weighs 15k. I only tow that a few times a year, just back and forth from our recreation property at the beginning and end of the season. It's about 130 miles each way.