FREEZE The UROC Modified Class Rules

Craig S

Commando
THE RULES NEED TO STAY THE SAME FOR AT LEAST TWO (2) YEARS (Frozen) to create some stability in the Modified Class for competitors and UROC!!!!!

I make this statement based on the following points:

1. UROC would have an easeir time enforcing the rules as they stand for a couple of years and have much more time to concentrate on staging events instead of answering phone calls on the rules from competitors.

2. Competitors would be able to concentrate on racing instead of the politics of rule changes.

3. Competitors would have more time and money to find sponsors and fine tune their vehicles instead of always being in a state of change. Example, who has time money and resources to build or modify their vehicle each time the rules change for the Modified Class (this seems to be every 6 months)?

4. With the pay structure the way it is and with only 14 vehicles running the PRO class it makes more sense to let the current vehicles compete using the CURRENT RULES for the next couple of years.

5. Jeep (as an example) has kept the same basic TJ design for the last 7 years very succesfully. With the rules for the Mod Class changing every few months it is basically the same as creating a new vehicle for each rule change. I use the frame rule change for an example.

I make an end to my points with a closing comment, each time the rules change there is a ton of complaining and it is a painful process for all involved including the tech. guys at the events, the promotors, and the competitors. Please create some stability and leave things alone for a while (two years).

Craig Stumph

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
I'm with you Craig. I will be down for the next event in Farmington, but unlike every other event I have attended, I will not be participating in the tech inspection. With the new rule changes, I just find it entirely too difficult to keep up with, and I don't agree with the rule change mid season either.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
So, what happened to the roundtable boys??? Surely, they could see what this is going to do to the competitors. Obviously, the guy with the resources and manpower to rebuild his rig right now will be the champ at the end.... Or, is it like I've always thought, the roundtable is just for show?

Andy said:
Thank you Craig!! Hopefully they will take your advice.

Andy

Big Dog

At what point would you freeze the modified rules? Jan., Feb. or frame change
mid-season. The modified rules are so screwed up they are beyond freezing.
The class is so close to unlimited now that it could be if we would just run
larger tires. Its time to get back to the original intent of the class, about
Dec. of 2003, just before everyone started to push the outer limits to the
max. Thats my 2 cents and I'm sticking to it. Thanks

grinch

inner city redneck
Yep we need stability. Jake and I are in the process of building a new car and have to change the damn design every week to fit the new rules....
Im in for a freeze and do it now so we can finish are car......

S

sukaB

Craig S said:
THE RULES NEED TO STAY THE SAME FOR AT LEAST TWO (2) YEARS (Frozen) to create some stability in the Modified Class for competitors and UROC!!!!!

I make this statement based on the following points:

1. UROC would have an easeir time enforcing the rules as they stand for a couple of years and have much more time to concentrate on staging events instead of answering phone calls on the rules from competitors.

2. Competitors would be able to concentrate on racing instead of the politics of rule changes.

3. Competitors would have more time and money to find sponsors and fine tune their vehicles instead of always being in a state of change. Example, who has time money and resources to build or modify their vehicle each time the rules change for the Modified Class (this seems to be every 6 months)?

4. With the pay structure the way it is and with only 14 vehicles running the PRO class it makes more sense to let the current vehicles compete using the CURRENT RULES for the next couple of years.

5. Jeep (as an example) has kept the same basic TJ design for the last 7 years very succesfully. With the rules for the Mod Class changing every few months it is basically the same as creating a new vehicle for each rule change. I use the frame rule change for an example.

I make an end to my points with a closing comment, each time the rules change there is a ton of complaining and it is a painful process for all involved including the tech. guys at the events, the promotors, and the competitors. Please create some stability and leave things alone for a while (two years).

Craig Stumph

How about I help you promote the idea of a lifetime and you start your own rock crawl again...... ;) If you keep giving them your money they'll keep takin it and listening last to your needs.....
I'm done!
Need some nine's cheap!

Craig S

Commando
Hey guys, thanks for the support. It's just seems like a no brainer to freeze the rules where they are now!. To freeze the rules it would have to be at the last mid-season rule change in June because there are already cars built to this rule competing. Other vehicles are in progress.

At some point we (the competitors) are going to have to take charge and stop what is going on with this class or just get out and let it go away. I like competing and I like this class and think it's worth saving. However, I don't know how many more rule changes the Modified class can take and survive.

I have been working on a rig for about 5 months now and have changed the design to accommodate the new rule changes. My main worry is that they (UROC) will make more changes this year and next year making all our rigs obsolete. This is what happened to the Commando last year and why I'm building a new rig. If they do it again I'm out of UROC Modified for good and I bet that I wouldn't be the only one that has had enough.

Please put forth a united effort to have the current rules froze at mid season to save this class. Here is what we need to do:

1. Please call or email (suggestions@uroc.com) UROC (801 932 0322) asking for a mid season Modified Class vehicle rules freeze for a couple of years. (text modified 2:15 PM 8-6-04).

2. Get on the UROC forum for rule changes and support the freeze. I have started a thread for this.

3. Get on Pirate4x4 and support the freeze.

4. Pass this info along to all of the Drivers and Spotters in the Modified class and ask for their support.

5. Talk to the round table guys and make valid points.

Lets go guys, if you love competing and don't want to build a new rig at every whim of UROC and see the Modified class go away in the process, lets get this done!

Thanks for your support! We can make a difference!

Craig

Last edited: