friends Jeep left on the snakes

barnsbronco

We ran the snakes today and my friend broke an passenger rear axle shaft. If any one knows where we could get one so we can head out tomorrow and get it off the trail it would be appreciated

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
We ran the snakes today and my friend broke an passenger rear axle shaft. If any one knows where we could get one so we can head out tomorrow and get it off the trail it would be appreciated

it would help to know what axle he has under his jeep.. D35C D35 non C, D44, D60, Ford 8.8, Dana 20, Rockwells etc :)

You might start by saying what rear axle he has, stock or not, etc. Good chance someone here has one and could help you out at least until a new one could be ordered. You might also check to see if anyone is selling one here.

barnsbronco

It is the stock axle in a 93 wrangler. He thinks he has found one off of a 93 cherokee he was told they are the same. Can anyone confirm this.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
It is the stock axle in a 93 wrangler. He thinks he has found one off of a 93 cherokee he was told they are the same. Can anyone confirm this.

That's a big maybe... The cherokee came with a D44, Chrysler 8.25, or a D35c.

If the spare shaft he picked up has a "c" clip, it'll work as both the 8.25 and D44 are semi float. I also believe driver and passenger side shafts are different lengths, make sure he got the correct side.

barnsbronco

thanks for all the quick responses. The owner of the axles says that they are dana 35 i guess we will head out in the morning and try them out.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
D44, 8.25", and D35 shafts are not interchangeable. Since this is a C-clip D35, the replacement shaft will need to be from a C-clip D35 also.

Just for informational purposes in this thread--8.25's are also a C-clip axle, D44's arent. D44's have 30 spline shafts (except for really old ones), D35's are 27 spline, and 8.25's are either 27 or 29 spline depending on the year. All are a semi-float axle.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Just for informational purposes in this thread--8.25's are also a C-clip axle, D44's arent. D44's have 30 spline shafts (except for really old ones), D35's are 27 spline, and 8.25's are either 27 or 29 spline depending on the year. All are a semi-float axle.

Thanks for the clarification on that :cool: