Fuel injector cleaning

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
I am at the point on my LS swap where I need to get the fuel system taken care of and have checked on the cost of fuel injector cleaning. I was quoted about $20 per injector. The motor that I had rebuilt was running fine when I drove it home. So should I fork out the money or try and clean them myself ? The motor had about 200K on it but I don't know if they were cleaned in the past.

SLC97SR5

IDIesel
The advantage to sending them somewhere is they can check the flow rates and possibly balance them. They'll usually clean or replace the screens and O-rings.

With that said I rig up a 9v battery to snap them open and run SeaFoam through them using a pressurized sprayer. This gets the junk out and will reveal the pissers.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I had the injectors cleaned from my LS6 intake and while they weren't too far out of spec, it was nice to see the flow rates before versus after and how much closer they were all were once they were done. Its worth the peace of my mind, IMO.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
I had them cleaned and tested and they passed all of the flow and leak tests, plus they are nice and clean. The place even gave me some money for a bunch of old injectors I had laying around to help with the cost.