General Tech Full Hydro steering comparisons

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
I learned a ton from my full hydro steering woes, if you want to bounce ideas off of me shoot me a text and I'll help you out. Also I can beat all those prices on PSC and Trail-Gear stuff. So let me know. My new moonbuggy is all PSC and will remain that way. With that being said most of issues were caused by a faulty cheap (trail-gear) orbital valve.

I have replaced quite a few cheaper cylinders as well on customer vehicles. Including trail-gear and numerous no name cylinders due to internal leakage.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
2nd on PSC stuff.

We ran it on Clays stuff back in the day and it worked well, and I was so impressed with the owner of the company that when I went through the Scrambler with Team Fred this winter, I called Ryan (Skippy) for my full hydro set up.

Granted I have only ran it around a little since installation but there were ZERO issue with 4 days of playing at Winter on the Rocks.

For reference, I did the single ended ram full hydro set up for simplicity of set up and maintanence.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I learned a ton from my full hydro steering woes, if you want to bounce ideas off of me shoot me a text and I'll help you out. Also I can beat all those prices on PSC and Trail-Gear stuff. So let me know. My new moonbuggy is all PSC and will remain that way. With that being said most of issues were caused by a faulty cheap (trail-gear) orbital valve.

I have replaced quite a few cheaper cylinders as well on customer vehicles. Including trail-gear and numerous no name cylinders due to internal leakage.

Awesome, even more good info! Interesting about the other cylinders you're replaced!

I'm leaning towards the PSC kit with the 2.75 cylinder.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
for reference, I looked up the part number I ordered.

FHK200F

I only need to add the power steering fluid cooler.

Pretty dang complete kit.

I thought about double ended, but I have always disliked how they mount to axle and all the extra parts...

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
for reference, I looked up the part number I ordered.

FHK200F

I only need to add the power steering fluid cooler.

Pretty dang complete kit.

I thought about double ended, but I have always disliked how they mount to axle and all the extra parts...
The Double ended ram is nice at speed, having the same amount of turns lock to lock is nice as well. but you cant beat the packaging of a single ended ram. Most people over build the DE mounts and under build the SE mounts. Typically 2 small tabs to mount the SE ram in a full hydro situation will rip off in short order.