Ford Full size Ford rigs

Die Blaue Ziege

Working on a Ford somewhere
Who is running full size Ford's? Power strokes? Let's see those big beauty's. Here's mine:
2001 F250 6 inch lift, 35x12.5 r17 7.3l power stroke. I took it on its first off road trip this last week. I was afraid it would ride like my brother's 99 F260 with the 5.4l, his truck has a 4 in lift same size tires and is nicknamed Sherman cause it rides like a Sherman tank. Must be the lighter weight 5.4l because mine ran really good.
IMG_20201028_181944092_HDR.jpg

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
The wife's '15 F150 EcoBoost FX4 on BFG 285 AT's, Method wheels and Falcon shocks. Down in Baja, pretending its a Raptor... ;)

i-b7dp7tc-X2.jpg

haulinshine

We use our F350 for a lot of dirt road and even some legit 4x4 trails in stock mode. Letting air out of the tires to about 20-25 makes it a very enjoyable ride.
I need to get a new air compressor before I can air down. I always end up pulling a trailer and my emergency back up takes 45 minutes per tire to air back up

Coco

I recently sold the black truck with the 5.0 in favor of the white one with the EcoBoost. Took off pretty much everything I could on the black one, and transferred over to the new one. New one has higher mileage, but is 2 years newer than the black one, and it is owned outright, and if worse come to it, I can swap the engine. Everything else on the truck is really clean and tight. The 5.0 just struggled a bit more than expected, even pulling something as simple as my SXS it struggled. @comingdown recently purchased a high mileage EB, and was nice enough to let me do a 'tow test' to compare, and that sold it for me. I know SXS's aren't super heavy, but when the 5.0 in my black truck was struggling so bad with it, and the EB was like it wasn't even there, it made the decision.

Its mostly a pavement princess, DD, and the hauler of the SXS, but it does occasionally get out in the dirt. Plus, the EB is the FX4, so it has the backup camera, rear e-locker, and some other nice additions my XLT didn't. Pretty sure remote start, (everything in the dash shows it is there, and setup, but no options on the key) so I will be visiting the dealer at some point to get that checked. The previous owners named it Bruno, so I guess I will keep that up lol. IMG-0808.JPG62543885357--8A8E099F-7C1D-4509-B7BB-6646764AFC3B.JPG

Last edited:

haulinshine

I recently sold the black truck with the 5.0 in favor of the white one with the EcoBoost. Took off pretty much everything I could on the black one, and transferred over to the new one. New one has higher mileage, but is 2 years newer than the black one, and it is owned outright, and if worse come to it, I can swap the engine. Everything else on the truck is really clean and tight. The 5.0 just struggled a bit more than expected, even pulling something as simple as my SXS it struggled. @comingdown recently purchased a high mileage EB, and was nice enough to let me do a 'tow test' to compare, and that sold it for me. I know SXS's aren't super heavy, but when the 5.0 in my black truck was struggling so bad with it, and the EB was like it wasn't even there, it made the decision.

Its mostly a pavement princess, DD, and the hauler of the SXS, but it does occasionally get out in the dirt. Plus, the EB is the FX4, so it has the backup camera, rear e-locker, and some other nice additions my XLT didn't. Pretty sure remote start, (everything in the dash shows it is there, and setup, but no options on the key) so I will be visiting the dealer at some point to get that checked. The previous owners named it Bruno, so I guess I will keep that up lol. View attachment 132167View attachment 132168
the remote start might be like the remote start on my wife ecosport. on the fob hit lock unlock lock and see if the remote start works. I had a 2013 f150 with the ecoboost and that thing was tons of fun. the 3.5 is no slouch pulling a trailer for sure and it was pretty fun to race against the import cars that think they are fast. (funnier for me that people alwasy thought it was a company truck)FB_IMG_1604412644613.jpgFB_IMG_1604412650244.jpg

Coco

I think I did give that method a try, but I will try it again. It's funny, because even the guy I got it from that owned it for 4 years said it didn't have it, but it as and shows all the options on the dash for it. What is it programmed to, what you can adjust it to, etc. The guy only had a single key, and a door key for it, so I am sure at some point in its life the other keys may have been misplaced or lost. I'll play with it again and see though. I am sure factory keys with the remote start, plus cutting wont be cheap.