full width axles

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Ford 1/2 ton trucks, HP Dana 44 front & Ford 9" rear are 5x5.5". Probably the 2 best 1/2 ton axles out there, IMO. Most fullwidth 9's have 31 spline shafts I believe.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
why??? Do you have some really cool rims or something? If you are going to go through all the trouble of adding full width axles why not go for strength?

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
If its for your CJ you need a passenger side drop in front so the fords will not work. Sell your bead locks to me and get your self some chevy axles in 6 or 8 lug. Oh yea there is also waggy or scout axles that will work but they are not full width.

dunatic67

It's all about the HP
If its for your CJ you need a passenger side drop in front so the fords will not work. Sell your bead locks to me and get your self some chevy axles in 6 or 8 lug. Oh yea there is also waggy or scout axles that will work but they are not full width.

You can use a GM or Dodge D44 pass. side drop front axle and install the Ford or Jeep rotors etc. onto it.

sprungover

I'm pretty sure that you can do a conversion to fit the 5 on 5.5. I was upgrading to Dana 60'S and I had a guy trying to talk me in to doing this same thing. I opted to spend a little more and get new wheels and tires and leave it as an 8 lug. He was saying that Randy's Ring & Pinion had a kit.