full width

rustybronco

Flat Land Offroader
Okay, scratch the leaf pivots, I can see how axle control would be, uh, uncontollable, yeah. So what are your thoughts on going full width axles on my eb? Living in UT for 6 years, I know they get touchy about tread sticking out past the flares but not here in IL. Yeah, full widths don't fit everywhere, need extreme fender trimming, and cuz the axles are longer, can break easier. I heard full width 44's from a 78 or 79 Ford truck have higher clearance? Is this true? Not sure I believe but haven't checked. I also heard the best way to do it is cut 6 inches off the passenger side for an eb. I have the equipment to cut the tube, probably would just send the axle to moser to cut and spline. Just going for a "bigger" look. :D

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
I am running a full width 9" rear and full width 60 frt in my EB. I run 8" rims with 38x12.50x15. It is wide, but I like it, not too bad, could be covered with the Gorilla flares or TJ flares.
As for the 78/79 44's I think you may be confusing High Pinion with high clearance.
Yes, 5-6" out of the long side wil get you about stock EB width.

BTW I have some almost new Alcan 3.5-4" lift rear leafs forsale for $275 if you are interested.

rustybronco

Flat Land Offroader
Thanks for the offer but I'm already lifted 3.5" with Wild Horse stuff and a 3" body lift too. I'm thinking about flipping the shackles over in the rear and we're working on custom radius arms up front. I've got the height, flexes "better", just need a little width.

demon jeep

Banned
How much you got dun on that thing :eek: Is it going to be drivable this weekend becouse Nicole want to drive it when we get there. I may want your 32s for on the road dayly driver on chili if one of these job pan out if not tell you mother she will have guests for a while.:confused: :D :p

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
I was running mine with the shackles inverted, worked well. I can save the brackets and shackles I made if you want them. I had moved the frt/fixxed bracket higher on the frame to compensate for the ride hieght that would be gained if just inverting the shackle. Also, didn't hit it on rocks as much.