Activity Gambler 500 September 21-22

2002maniac

If I can get $500 out of it I'd be stoked. Honestly it drives really well and would be a fun beater for someone. I would keep it around if winter weren't around the corner and I had another parking spot off the street.

If nobody steps up I'll sell it for parts or scrap and sell the tires separately.

Noahfecks

El Destructo!
Day two spiraled out of common sense

Lots of people accessing private property that was clearly marked no trespassing and gated. I think everyone but us ran around a closed forest service by creating a new trail through the creek. I don't care to be associated with that. I am fairly unpopular right now for calling people out on it.

And the finish was a complete poop show with the organizer not even bothering to show up.

Coco

Lots of people accessing private property that was clearly marked no trespassing and gated. I think everyone but us ran around a closed forest service by creating a new trail through the creek. I don't care to be associated with that. I am fairly unpopular right now for calling people out on it.

And the finish was a complete poop show with the organizer not even bothering to show up.

That sucks to hear... I enjoyed last years event, even though there was some times of mass chaos, and people that didn't know to stay the trail (I think that comes with any off-road event unfortunately...) I was excited to get ready for next year, but now I am re-thinking things.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee

Hats off to you for voicing opposition to the lack of respect towards proper land use etiquette. Last year video was posted of yahoos completely tearing up marshy meadows. I like the idea behind the event, but so far all I see is a complete shit show and black eye for OHV access.

Noahfecks

El Destructo!
Yes last year when Nate Deemers ran it things were done right, hopefully the new people will get their poop in a group for next year

For us it's pretty involved to travel to the event and I feel like I would rather put that effort into another event. We will run the CO event and look for something else in a bordering state. Plus I might not be welcome back to UT as I have been very vocal about calling people out for going off trail.

I dream about putting one on in W. CO and E UT

Noahfecks

El Destructo!
Hats off to you for voicing opposition to the lack of respect towards proper land use etiquette. Last year video was posted of yahoos completely tearing up marshy meadows. I like the idea behind the event, but so far all I see is a complete shit show and black eye for OHV access.

Yeah, unfortunately when you get any random 10 people together 2-3 will be chuckle heads and 6 of the others will follow along

2002maniac

Oh wow, that really sucks to hear. It did seem like the organizer did not spend any time scouting the trail. I think he just used Google maps to link some roads together.

Coco

That does suck to hear. I wasn't aware of the organization change either. I would be just as vocal if people were going off trail, and if they want to get pissed because you're calling someone out for going off trail, they are the problem, not you. The organizer should have been very clear about that too. The organizer last year I know was very clear about staying on trail and staying off private property (but as SAMI mentioned above, some were still managed to go off trail [you can fix stupid, but you have to be willing to police them]).

Several of my friends and myself were looking at possible gambler candidates last night after our BBQ. Even if we don't do the gambler event, we want to do our own gambler.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Curious, I'm 100% positive last year's event didn't involve a BLM SRP permit nor permits for the state land they crossed. Does anyone know if this year's event did?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Just passed a Clown Vic on a trailer without windows being towed by a Layton Construction truck on the way to work this morning. Clown Vic had a full cage, no windows, kewl tires and a Lemons sticker on it. Looked pretty fun

Noahfecks

El Destructo!
No Curt, they get around the permit because it is a free impromptu gathering. Usually they do a bit of good by picking up a lot of trash, although that also seemed to be missing from this years event.

Caleb

Is there some definition of impromptu that I'm missing or is that what they tell themselves to make them feel better about not getting the permits? How could something that is scheduled with a date with a set or rules/guidelines be considered impromptu by any definition?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Is there some definition of impromptu that I'm missing or is that what they tell themselves to make them feel better about not getting the permits? How could something that is scheduled with a date with a set or rules/guidelines be considered impromptu by any definition?

The SRP Permit stipulations are pretty clear... they would be subject to a permit process. Hell family reunions, scout camps and club trail rides are on the list of events that "may" potentially need a permit. I'm blown away the BLM hasn't caught wind of this. Part of the permit process deals with private land travel, off trail travel (often permitted fwiw) and of course insurance if/when someone were to get hurt, hurt someone or cause damage.

When it comes to competitive events, the BLM permit guidelines

20190926_153338.jpg