Gambler 500

2002maniac

Granted, I didn't hit every way point, but that doesn't look like anywhere we went.

Kind of funny to see the insta-worthy tundra hanging out with crap cans.

Coco

I believe 9:28 in this video is what SAMI is talking about. Doesn't look like a road...

Agreed, we also didn't hit all the waypoints, and that didn't look like anything we got too. The guys that put on the Gambler were asking for pros cons to next years event, and I simply said stay the trail, and referred to this video. That was an instant black mark on the rest of us that were being courteous and obeying the rules as well as staying the trails and being respectful. I truly hope that it gets corrected for next year, and everyone knows they need to stay the trails.

I think it comes down to education. In the drivers meeting, they need to be more clear about staying on the trails. I know the website does say it, but they need to make it more verbal when the event is happening.

Granted, I didn't hit every way point, but that doesn't look like anywhere we went.
Kind of funny to see the insta-worthy tundra hanging out with crap cans.

The tundra was used as his support vehicle, and his wife was driving it (her first time driving offroad from what I was told, as we chatted with him a couple times here and there). But from the times I saw him, he was always on the trail, so I cannot say when that clip was in the video.

Last edited:

2002maniac

I wonder if that was part of the "butthole" route? We skipped the route over tabby mountain since we wasted a lot of time patching the oil pan and trans case in our Vue.

Coco

Maybe, I didn't even noticed they had the harder options on the sheet. Guess I better pay closer attention next year!

spacecase

Out Crawlin'
this would have been awesome! thought about scrapping my crappy old mazda protege thats falling apart, but it would be perfect for this! definitely going to hold onto the car and try to enter next year, if its held somewhere close by.

looks like tons of fun, good times. :cool:

Noahfecks

El Destructo!
this would have been awesome! thought about scrapping my crappy old mazda protege thats falling apart, but it would be perfect for this! definitely going to hold onto the car and try to enter next year, if its held somewhere close by.

looks like tons of fun, good times. :cool:

I know they plan to run it again next year and I would expect it to start in SLC. There are additional events in other states if you are looking to travel

Coco

That thing freaked me the hell out when I saw it at the event! I HATE clowns, and they were all dressed up like clowns, and had clown manikins in the bad too... Not a fan.