General Dirt Bike Questions

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
I'm dreaming of a Husaberg TE300 or a KTM 300xcw. I know there are differences, but I'm such a noob on dirtbikes I'd probably never be able to tell!

Any reason to lean orange or blue? Purely cosmetics from my perpective :D Perhaps resale would be better on the KTM?

Caleb

I'm dreaming of a Husaberg TE300 or a KTM 300xcw. I know there are differences, but I'm such a noob on dirtbikes I'd probably never be able to tell!

Any reason to lean orange or blue? Purely cosmetics from my perpective :D Perhaps resale would be better on the KTM?

The biggest difference for most people would just be color. The Husaberg (new ones) have nicer forks, but the forks the KTM have don't suck by any means, the Husaberg has billet triple clamps, the KTMs are cast, etc. Nothing that would sway me one way or the other. Most everything is identical. The Husaberg costs more upfront and is more of a niche market. I'd keep your eyes open for either, but get whichever is the better deal.

Cascadia

Undecided
The Ktm 300 xc instead of xcw comes with the nicer close chamber forks and the xc also comes with billet triple clamps rather than cast. On my 250 xcfw I was one crash away from needing new triple clamps cause the cast could only take so much abuse where the bar clamps mount. I love my new 300 xc. No complaints other than mileage but that's to be expected from any 2t.

rholbrook

What is a good handlebar for Harrison on his KTM 200XCW? Looking for some more width and heigth. His bars are pretty narrow. I already put some risors on it but I would take them off if needed

Cascadia

Undecided
I really liked my pro taper evo bars with the windham bend. I've got one I'll let you try out if you want before you purchase. But now I run flexx bars and there's no going back.

Caleb

Woods bars are usually just a tad narrower, most others are all pretty standard width (I think around 32"). I prefer the kx high bend. I. believe they are pretty much the tallest bar without going to an atv bar. I've also got two sets of factory ktm bars you are welcome to have, one from my old 300 and one from my old 500. I believe they are both the exact same.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Does anyone have experience with the steg pegz? The idea is VERY intriguing to me. If I were not wanting a newer bike, I would buy them now.. But I think they will be on my next bike.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I've been looking into these steg pegz again. I often find myself wishing I had some additional help to grip the bike. Even when I get good grip, my pant legs tend to twist around..
But I also have a loooong list of wants.. And a very short stack of money.

Tonkaman

Wow I was digging around old threads and found this gem. It’s crazy that Tyson was ever a noobie to dirtbikes, it seems like he was born with handlebars in his hands!

Cascadia

Undecided
Haha. I'm no Paul but it seems funny to me too. I'm out for a while from riding now though. 3 broke ribs in my back, fractured collar bone, separated ac joint, torn tendons and ligaments in my chest and back, and stretched cartilage on my sternum and vertebrae. I got lucky but it sure does suck to not be riding. I hope to go for a ride in a couple weeks to see how I feel although it'll more likely be 3+ months.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Haha. I'm no Paul but it seems funny to me too. I'm out for a while from riding now though. 3 broke ribs in my back, fractured collar bone, separated ac joint, torn tendons and ligaments in my chest and back, and stretched cartilage on my sternum and vertebrae. I got lucky but it sure does suck to not be riding. I hope to go for a ride in a couple weeks to see how I feel although it'll more likely be 3+ months.

Is there any video of your crash?