General Dirt Bike Questions

Cascadia

Undecided
The best way to keep from getting landed on is to out jump the people behind you. :rofl:
That's what happened. I usually tend to hang back. I wanted a real good start there. And I got it until the guy swerved into my line and I had nowhere to go. Tried making it over him but my bike got stuck and I endo'd. Then someone outjumped my crash and landed square on my back. Oh well. It's bound to happen to everyone at some point it seems like. Glad mine happened 50' from medics. Haven't seen any video posted of it but I bet the guy that landed on me had a GoPro. He just doesn't want to post. Haha.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I picked up an new roost deflector tonight (thanks Derek). It is a leatt 5.5 HD. It does not have any elbow or forearm protection. I have used my forearm protection in my jacket many times, so I would like to have it back.
In looking at elbow guards They have strap on style and slip on style. I can think of pros and cons for both.. What do you guys use?

EVS slip on.jpgshift strap on.jpg

Cascadia

Undecided
I don’t use any. Got a pair of strap kind years ago. They fell down during a race and bugged the crap out of me. Haven’t worn any since. For protection I use a neck brace, knee pads, and chest protector. Neck brace has saved my bacon a few times. I have a crack in my knee cap right now, through my knee pads, chest/back protector saved me from an even more broken back at my last RMR race.

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
My strap style knee pads rub my knee every time it bends, like they are stationary and my knee skin moves. It's annoying and chafing enough that I seldom wear them. I've never tried the slip on style, but would like to, based on my strap style experience.