Genuine Gear Quick Lok Problem

Marshall

Was That a U-Joint?
I just installed a Genuine Gear Quick Lock in the Dana 30 in the front of my XJ, when I am in 4LO, driving in a straight line, I get random banging noises. U joints seem fine, hubs seem fine, locker should be staying locked but sounds like it is slipping a tooth or something.....Any ideas? My jeep never made any noise with just the spider gears in, and I have installed several lockers so this is not my first time, but I have always used Lock Rights. Has anyone else had problems with this locker? Any help would be much appreciated, thank you!

bigchev79

i have the same problem in my chev i got the same locker and they suck the bang is the locker slipping and the reason it so loud is because under load it is locked and something has to give for your stering to work. the best thing i found is to carry spare hubs and leve 1 side un locked when not needed ya this suckes you half to get out for the obsticals but it wont bang and you will save your hubs.

if you have one in the rear watch it the pins like to break keeping it from ractching and the teeth like to round and you wont go anneywear if that happens the front should be fine because it dont see the daily use

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
You might have a slight difference in tire diameter between those two sides, causing it to bind up even while driving straight. (due to tire pressures, uneven wear....) Too late now, but I've been convinced for a while that a locker is not a place to try to save money. It just costs more in the long run when you buy it again. (same goes for gears)

notajeep

Just me
I Lean said:
You might have a slight difference in tire diameter between those two sides, causing it to bind up even while driving straight. (due to tire pressures, uneven wear....) Too late now, but I've been convinced for a while that a locker is not a place to try to save money. It just costs more in the long run when you buy it again. (same goes for gears)

I have to agree with this..... after some painful (in the wallet) learning..... I went through 3 quick locks in the rear of my toyota..... thankfully under warrenty.... But now.... for me, a spool is the way to go.(cheaper too.)