Getting a snowblower

Tonkaman

I took advise of this thread and purchased a new snowblower. I decided on a Toro QXE824, because it is the largest single stage snowblower on the market both in physical size and engine displacement. Besides being big and powerful, I also wanted something that my wife could easily use. With electric start, self propelled drive, and a joystick chute controller it checked all the boxes.

29C47CDF-C0EF-4D05-91E6-C254BEF723A2.jpeg6831B6E4-6947-4498-B829-079A1D1C0385.jpeg

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I got rid of my two stage yesterday to make way for a new single stage honda. (I gave it to my brother that just bought his first house.) I think I have buy in from my wife but it'll be a little before I buy the honda. That toro is a beast Derek.

ID Bronco

I helped an older guy in our ward move the other day, been thinking of getting a snowblower for spots the plow won't reach. While we were moving him he had a pristine 24" 2 stage poulon pro nice looking machine. I asked which trailer he wanted it in and he said put it in the truck or just buy it from me, I am done with it. It's like brand new, so two seconds later I had a basically new, used 5 times unit for $350.

Here are the mods I found, I will do them this weekend.
By using some material I've got in my garage this shouldn't cost me anything at all. I am excited to try it now.

4x4_Welder

When I first added the impeller extensions on my giant snowblower, it went from limply tossing the snow out the end of the chute to throwing about 20'. I just used some old spud conveyor belting.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
You can thank me for the snow today. I’ve had the plow on my truck for a week in all the sunshine. The weather said it wasn’t going to snow for another week.. so I took the plow off my truck yesterday. Hence the snow ?

I have enjoyed my new snowblower the 2 times I’ve used it. What is even better though, is that my 8 yr old drug it out, started it, and used it without me touching a thing. That was a great moment.
4C2BB10D-1B70-4472-A585-CD20F030A684.jpeg

I took advise of this thread and purchased a new snowblower. I decided on a Toro QXE824, because it is the largest single stage snowblower on the market both in physical size and engine displacement. Besides being big and powerful, I also wanted something that my wife could easily use. With electric start, self propelled drive, and a joystick chute controller it checked all the boxes.

View attachment 123166View attachment 123167

Did that QXE824 handle all the snow we got Thanksgiving week? I have an Ariens Compact 24 which does a good job, but it's heavy and hard to handle sometimes. We have talked about trying one of the Toro Personal Pace blowers like your QXE, but I'd like to get a better feel for how it handles Wasatch Front snow.

Tonkaman

Did that QXE824 handle all the snow we got Thanksgiving week? I have an Ariens Compact 24 which does a good job, but it's heavy and hard to handle sometimes. We have talked about trying one of the Toro Personal Pace blowers like your QXE, but I'd like to get a better feel for how it handles Wasatch Front snow.

I’ve never had a snowblower so I don’t have any basis for comparison. With that bring said it did everything I asked it to do without any problems. We got 9” in one night and it cut right through it.

spacecase

Out Crawlin'
the wife and i just got the 724qxe, the slightly smaller version with all the same features, that thing rocks! we live in tooele and got almost 2 feet over that last series of storms, she handled it like a champ. i love the self propelling, comes in super handy when pushing it back up my driveway when its slick. (my shoes suck)