getting excited for the new BFG KO2

skeptic

Almost guaranteed to be my next tire. It will be March before they come out in the size I want, but I doubt I'll be ready to buy before then anyway.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
It's supposed to be a different compound. I wouldn't expect them to last as long. On the other hand, maybe they won't be like rocks at 25,000 miles.

DAA

They have been great for mega miles of dirt road pounding too. For me. Honestly, can't think of anything that has worked better for me on long miles of varied dirt. Currently running a set of them, a set of Kumhos a set of Duratracs a set of KM2's and a set of Falken's on my various rigs. The Duratracs have been great so far, but they only have 8,000 miles on them so way too early to say much. Have run a bunch of others before too. Nothing has been any better than the KO's for normal dirt road use, for me.

- DAA

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
They have been great for mega miles of dirt road pounding too. For me. Honestly, can't think of anything that has worked better for me on long miles of varied dirt. Currently running a set of them, a set of Kumhos a set of Duratracs a set of KM2's and a set of Falken's on my various rigs. The Duratracs have been great so far, but they only have 8,000 miles on them so way too early to say much. Have run a bunch of others before too. Nothing has been any better than the KO's for normal dirt road use, for me.

- DAA

X2, zero complaints for their tasked purpose.

SLC97SR5

IDIesel
For what it's worth, I spoke to a Costco tire guy today and he didn't know when the KO2's would be available but they showed as pending inventory on his computer and had several sizes listed.*

A 285/75/16 listed at $214.00 a tire, a regular KO was $228.00.

I wonder if the KO's will drop in price towards the end of their run or if they will remain slightly higher to keep initial interest high in the KO2's?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin

- DAA

x3

We got 60k miles out of our BFG AT's on the '03 4Runner. Great tire for an all around 4x4 that has to put up with daily driving, snow & ice and weekend use aired down on rough roads.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
For what it's worth, I spoke to a Costco tire guy today and he didn't know when the KO2's would be available but they showed as pending inventory on his computer and had several sizes listed.*

A 285/75/16 listed at $214.00 a tire, a regular KO was $228.00.

I wonder if the KO's will drop in price towards the end of their run or if they will remain slightly higher to keep initial interest high in the KO2's?

I was thinking the same thing earlier, my guess would be they will offer the original KO until they run out of them. I'm sure some folks will hoard what's left of them, I know back when Goodyear changed the MT/R Dan Mick down in Moab was hoarding a bunch of the older style in his shop for awhile. Some people just know what they like and what works for them, so they don't really want it to change or are scared of the change because it may not be as good.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
and did you notice no 15 inch sizes... guess they are being phased out as well... I love my KO that I have now... they do great for me! I use them on my jeep to deliver pizza at night and I run them at 20 psi just to keep the deep ruts and potholes from killing me!

skeptic

and did you notice no 15 inch sizes... guess they are being phased out as well... I love my KO that I have now... they do great for me! I use them on my jeep to deliver pizza at night and I run them at 20 psi just to keep the deep ruts and potholes from killing me!

Didn't notice, but not surprised. The size I want including wheel size is listed for a March release, but if I had to buy new wheels for new tires it wouldn't be that terrible. Wheels are easy enough to change as long as I can get a good tire in the overall size I want.